Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maxx at the Vets

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs coming over to Donna, Maxx and Charlie and one for Jame (he sounds soooooo nice ). I hope the extra dosage works and the injections don't hurt......

Post Thanks / Like

Donna, Hope your boys get well soon and the treatment works ....... Big hugs from me & Bailey
    Kerry & Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping our fingers (and paws) crossed that your babies are feeling better soon!
    Lynn
    Mom to Brodie (M Black and Tan) and Rescue Kitty Gonzolas

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, Maxx is much better today with no butt scooting or scratching so far

Charlie made me laugh earlier. He has to take his tablets every other day now and I usually administer them at 1pm. At 1pm we were all in the kitchen and Charlie suddenly looked up at his tablets and scarpered - I think he can read my mind

Post Thanks / Like

Donna that's too funny King gets a multi-vitamin/mineral tablet and a skin/coat gel cap at first he was like what the heck are u feeding me..then all I do is shake the bottles at nit and he comes running cuz he knows dinner is on the way..
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Donna so sorry to hear about Maxx - gentle hugs for the big fellow. I really hope the upped dose will help

Poor Charlie, thank goodness he's insured...I think it is ESSENTIAL for Cavaliers to be insured, these medications are so expnsive now but it is good what can be done for them.

SOunds like Charlie is much better on the Butchers then...that's great.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That Butcher's tripe mix is one of the canned foods I like that was easily available and all my crew loved it. Butchers generally are pretty good for a food that you can get a lot of places (in the UK/Ireland). Tesco used to have it and doesn't anymore but one of the pet shops have it so I get it now and then as a supplement for dry food.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin,

Our Tesco here stocks it and at the minute they have the multipacks on offer so I'm going to go out and stock up today - now that I know he'll eat it.

I'm going to keep Maxx on Burns as he does so well on it, he just seems to have so much more energy

I'm also going to buy a load of liver and dry it, now that Nicki has told me how to do it - thanks Nicki

I am so determined to crack this problem with Charlie and tbh I can't believe how much he's stopped scratching already. It seems the more dried food or treats he has, the more he scratches He's fine when I give him wet food and Burns Ocean Bites because theyare just fish skins but if I give him JWB crackerjacks (or whatever they're called) he itches and scratches like mad

Sheesh, I must love this little demon, he certainly gives me more work and headaches than Maxx has ever done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxs_Mummy
    Karlin,

Our Tesco here stocks it and at the minute they have the multipacks on offer so I'm going to go out and stock up today - now that I know he'll eat it.

I'm going to keep Maxx on Burns as he does so well on it, he just seems to have so much more energy

I'm also going to buy a load of liver and dry it, now that Nicki has told me how to do it - thanks Nicki

I am so determined to crack this problem with Charlie and tbh I can't believe how much he's stopped scratching already. It seems the more dried food or treats he has, the more he scratches He's fine when I give him wet food and Burns Ocean Bites because theyare just fish skins but if I give him JWB crackerjacks (or whatever they're called) he itches and scratches like mad

Sheesh, I must love this little demon, he certainly gives me more work and headaches than Maxx has ever done
    so come on Donna or Nicki, how DO you dry liver?

Post Thanks / Like

Well...... Nicki tells me to boil it until it's cooked then slice it up and bake it in the oven at around 150 degrees for a couple of hours until it's dried. If it gets a white bloom then you know it's not dry enough and you pop it back in the oven for a bit.

Apparently the doggles go nuts for it.

Will ring you tonight Fran, if you're about