Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping In Touch

Post Thanks / Like

welcome back julie!
    my mom was an elementary school teacher and taught 2nd grade for the last 19 years. elementary is A LOT of work!
    don't you get a full summer break in oz? why only 2 weeks?
    how's the dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

*g* Cos they're in the southern hemisphere- this is the tail end of their winter! Though it depends where you are. Sydney and further north are never what you'd exactly call cold. They have summer hols in December- very odd if you're there as a European native and combining summer and xmas hols in one.... although they do get a short break in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

oh yeah, huh?
    actually i was dimly aware of that but because it's october now, which means the weather is turning cool here, i thought we *were* in winter. I'm rushing it a bit. we just have two seasons in the LA area, hotter and colder-- i feel the absence of summer in the air, was just thinking about it this morning, kind of wistfully. yesterday at the pet store, i got Zack his first rain coat. I feel rain in the air, though it hasn't happened yet. he looks sooooo cute in his raincoat. i had a hard time fitting him though. The small was way too small, but the waist band fits fine. The medium fits generally but the waist band is way too big, but it works if i tie it. It's not supposed to be tied, it's velcro straps. ....Maybe i can take it to a place that does alterations and have it fixed for him! hey, that's a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Judy, if you find Zack doesn't get use for his rain coat you should post it to one of his irish cousins. We've got 2 seasons here also... "wet and warm(ish)" and "wetter and colder".

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there,
    Judy, we have a 2 week break at the end of each term, we start school each year at the end of January and work up till Easter and then have a 2 week break. Then we have another 2 week break at the end of June and yet another one at the end of September. We then work up till Christmas so have about 5 weeks break in summer. Our universities have a different system again as they work a little more on a semester system and have a much bigger summer break. How does your school system work? I always end up with heaps of work to do in the holidays as well Thanks for your interest.
    Julie and the girls

Post Thanks / Like

Cindy,

Thanks for the update of willow and cedar. I have been sick and haven't gotten around to reading your post.

Glad Willow is finally warming up. What a big step for her - finally letting you rub her belly in class!! I love it when Kosmo lets me do that.

I love reading stories of willow's progression and how she's faring with Cedar. It's interesting to me that she's jealous of cedar when she's getting all of the cuddles. I am worried that if I got another dog Kosmo would be really bent out of shape because every hour that I am home is spent with him. He's either sitting on my lap or laying on my feet if we're not playing and rough housing throughout the house.

Cedar is still a little manipulator. We recently got out the bell for Cedar to ring when she wants to go out. However, as I type this I see that DH has moved the bell off the floor. Cedar's been abusing it and ringing it five minutes after she comes in from going out.
    LOL that is so funny. It's the exact reason we do not have a bell. I think they all believe they are attention starved.

Thanks for the update, it was nice to hear from you!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*