• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bradley's 1st Training Class

misty

Bradley had his first obedience class last night. :)

I was so proud of him. Simon handled him, as I've got a poorly wrist. I was more nervous for Simon than for Bradley, as he's never done any handling before.

I was so envious - I haven't taken a dog to obedience for about 12 years, but I'm so eager to get back into it.

Bradley met a new friend - Muffin, who is a 8 month old Cav lad. It was instant friendship of course :).

Bradley is very bright, so I think he'll do well. Jennifer got him into a down this morning all by herself, with a treat .... considering he only did 'down' first time last night, I think that's wonderful :).

The trainer was very calm and gentle with the dogs (and the people!). I had a scarey trainer once :shock: Nice friendly group of people and dogs too.

Bradley's starting agility (with same trainer) on Saturday morning :) , then straight off to a camping weekend with a gaggle of springers and cavs. He'll be exhausted ;)

The secret is, :flwr:

Find a good "nice" trainer, one that you feel relaxed with...I'm sure tension runs down a lead and comes through your voice....relax, enjoy and remember why you are there.....not to be under any pressure but to enjoy your dog and learn together... :)

You will soon pick it up again Fran..you never forget! have you used a clicker before? I'm sure he will respond well if he is a greedy guts!
Photos??? :flwr:

Alison, Wilts,U.k.

I could see Simon was nervous, where I wouldn't have been.

It's a bit daunting all these about turns etc when you haven't a clue what they're on about :).

I remember my first Cav, Misty, did so well at obedience. He would do a down-stay for 30 minutes. When he got deaf, he would go into an instant down if I pointed at the floor.

He came 3rd in an exam once.... the 1st 2 were a gundog and a border collie:) I was so proud of my little cavi :) :)

I certainly feel comfortable with Colin, the trainer. He doesn't run beginners' classes .... it's a small class, so he just integrates beginners in as they arrive. He was busy last night giving Bradley different treats, to see which motivated him the most. Seems to be liver :yuk:

Bradley had his first agility class on Saturday :) :).

He is a clever lad ..... he 'mastered' jumps, weaves, see saw and tunnel, albeit on his lead of course.

He learned the tunnel at the end and he was exhausted, so the first time through he just stopped in the middle and lay down :) :).

I'm a proud mummy. :)

Cathy Moon said:
Yayyyyy Bradley! What a good, fun boy! :D :w**h**:

Tbh, I can't believe how quickly he picks things up. After been shown about 3 times, he's got it. :)

:D That shows how much he enjoys it, how bright he is, and how eager he is to please! Does he seem like the same dog you first brought home?

Back