Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Moaning noises!!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog Moaning noises!!

Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same as me ....

Our cav has started to moan and give little pleasurable groans when he is comfortable ... it is SOOO funny to hear .... he could lie on you or be comfortable on a duvet/ blanket/ couch and he'll just nestle his head and moan ..... it's the same sort of sound a human does when they are stretching or relaxing and are comfortable ......

This is only something we've noticed in the past 4/5 months - he's 1 yr 8 mths .....

We're not worried about it ... all our friends who call to the house are in stitches when they hear it .... they think it's hilarous as it's so human like...

Are we alone in this or does someone else have a similar story???

Post Thanks / Like

Daisy Boo does this too! She always lets a groan out when picked up as well - sounds like she's trying to impersonate Chewbacca sometimes

Kelvin

Post Thanks / Like

Shelby does this too. She'll plop down on the couch and let out a big old moan. We laugh and ask her if it's been a rough day. She sounds exhausted
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy T
    Shelby does this too. She'll plop down on the couch and let out a big old moan. We laugh and ask her if it's been a rough day. She sounds exhausted
    Merlin is just the same - you' think he'd been slaving away at work all day!
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Mine give these little groans and moans as well, its just so funny to hear them Milly especially does it when she cuddle in to you
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like

We have the big old sighs like they have been busy all day - sleeping....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jaspar is a real talker and has a whole vocabulary of noises. When he's happy or playing he does all those funny moany noises. He also does squeals, barks, growls, etc etc. Leo does moany noises too from time to time. I like the really odd ones they do; always makes me laugh.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, ALL of ours have some goofy little noise they make on a fairly regular basis. Our oldest girl Penny lets out a big sigh every time she lays down..... kind of like me
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Maxx talks and moans but Charlie just barks .

If I'm ignoring Maxx (on purpose ) or he wants something that someone is eating he will get so vocal it's unbelieveable! He sits and chatters and whinges - he also does it if I say to him 'Do you love Mamma? Say you love Mamma'

When we get near the Vets and also when he calls for his friend Sam (the Border Collie across the road) he sings - sounds like nothing on earth and he also huffs if he can't get his own way. he has far too much attitude for a furry

Post Thanks / Like

haha its funny isnt it??? Cookie does it as well all the time!! She dus it with food, when u r in her way, when shes sad etc. it gets quite funny so we just sit there and talk to her. We just say that cookies talking to us.

Cookie has had a bad leg and i was sittin on the floor with her and she was moaning away then my mum came over and cookie stuck her leg out in the air and was moaning sadly to my mum telling her all her problems about it haha.

we were at the vets today and the vet was tryin to listen to cookies heart but couldnt hear properly cos cookie was moaning too loudly lol. They are a funny breed