• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Moaning noises!!

petitchien

Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same as me ....

Our cav has started to moan and give little pleasurable groans when he is comfortable ... it is SOOO funny to hear .... he could lie on you or be comfortable on a duvet/ blanket/ couch and he'll just nestle his head and moan ..... it's the same sort of sound a human does when they are stretching or relaxing and are comfortable ......

This is only something we've noticed in the past 4/5 months - he's 1 yr 8 mths .....

We're not worried about it ... all our friends who call to the house are in stitches when they hear it .... they think it's hilarous as it's so human like...

Are we alone in this or does someone else have a similar story???

Daisy Boo does this too! She always lets a groan out when picked up as well - sounds like she's trying to impersonate Chewbacca sometimes :lol:

Kelvin

Shelby does this too. She'll plop down on the couch and let out a big old moan. We laugh and ask her if it's been a rough day. She sounds exhausted :lol:

Cathy T said:
Shelby does this too. She'll plop down on the couch and let out a big old moan. We laugh and ask her if it's been a rough day. She sounds exhausted :lol:

Merlin is just the same - you' think he'd been slaving away at work all day!

Mine give these little groans and moans as well, its just so funny to hear them :lol: Milly especially does it when she cuddle in to you ;)

Jaspar is a real talker and has a whole vocabulary of noises. When he's happy or playing he does all those funny moany noises. He also does squeals, barks, growls, etc etc. Leo does moany noises too from time to time. I like the really odd ones they do; always makes me laugh. :)

Yep, ALL of ours have some goofy little noise they make on a fairly regular basis. Our oldest girl Penny lets out a big sigh every time she lays down..... kind of like me :lol:

Maxx talks and moans but Charlie just barks :lol: .

If I'm ignoring Maxx (on purpose :lol: ) or he wants something that someone is eating he will get so vocal it's unbelieveable! He sits and chatters and whinges - he also does it if I say to him 'Do you love Mamma? Say you love Mamma' :lol:

When we get near the Vets and also when he calls for his friend Sam (the Border Collie across the road) he sings - sounds like nothing on earth and he also huffs if he can't get his own way. he has far too much attitude for a furry :lol:

haha its funny isnt it??? Cookie does it as well all the time!! She dus it with food, when u r in her way, when shes sad etc. it gets quite funny so we just sit there and talk to her. We just say that cookies talking to us.

Cookie has had a bad leg and i was sittin on the floor with her and she was moaning away then my mum came over and cookie stuck her leg out in the air and was moaning sadly to my mum telling her all her problems about it haha.

we were at the vets today and the vet was tryin to listen to cookies heart but couldnt hear properly cos cookie was moaning too loudly lol. They are a funny breed

tanztanya said:
Cookie has had a bad leg and i was sittin on the floor with her and she was moaning away then my mum came over and cookie stuck her leg out in the air and was moaning sadly to my mum telling her all her problems about it haha.

That's too funny. I could just see it. Poor me ;)

Oh poor Cookie, what's she done to her leg? They really are such characters the way they talk to us :lol:

We took the boys out for their evening walk just a tiny bit later than usual tonight and it got quite dark whilst we were out. Charlie, the big wuss, is scared of the dark and started shaking and crying whilst we were waiting for Maxx to finish weeing!!!! :lol:

My two do this also, Gus can moan,bark, whine,sing he almost talks to you.

Pippin moans, groans and growls really deep he also makes really funny burp noises! like if I ask someone in the house a question Pippin will burp and sometimes it sounds like yes or no it's hilarious!

Holly barks, mostly, except when she knows my mother and grandmother are coming- then she sings. If she knows she's going to the park for a walkie, she cries and whimpers and sings like nothing on earth. I blame my mum. She thought it was so funny the first time Holly did it that she encouraged now, and now when Mum says 'walk' 'park' or 'grass' Holly makes her 'monkey noises.' Otherwise she just does that big sigh. Apparently, it's one of the signs of a contented dog. the other is when the dog sleeps for 20 out of 24 hours! :badgrin:

molly

:p molly gets very loud when she see's someone we know or if we are in the park and someone comes over she will bounce around on her back legs and makes such a loud over excited noise that people stare at us if the dogs come over shes not interested in them only the people with them :dgwlk:

My three all have their own little noises, including loud sighs, irritated hmmphs, and even childlike whining, for all the different situations that arise. They seem like small children to me, and they can get their point across very well. I'm amazed at their communication skills! :)

King is the king of moaners in our house...he'll moan, sigh, hmph, and all other noises. Like Cathy said their like lil children. King will tap when he needs a spot on the bed or coach. Or wats funny is when he wants more water in his bowl he goes to my mom and then runs to his bowl then to her and vis versa til she comes and gives him more...I guess since he doesn't bark he makes up for it using his own sorta sign language... :lol:

I don't think any of mine moan. I'll have to pay closer attention. Your stories are so wonderful.

My 3 adult dogs BARK. I got my first cavalier the day after my basset hound passed away. So I always say it was Humphrey's spirit still in the house that taught my first cavalier, Pippin, to love to bark. Then Pip taught the other two how fun it is, once they came to live with me.

Pippin will squeel, when he thinks you are taking him outside. That is his sound if he is really excited. He just can't wait to get out there and run run run.

:lol: Geordie sounds like a chimpanzee if he knows we're going somewhere in the car! Then India squeals and Chocolate barks! It sounds like a zoo :roll:

petitchien said:
Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same as me ....
Our cav has started to moan and give little pleasurable groans when he is comfortable ... it is SOOO funny to hear .... he could lie on you or be comfortable on a duvet/ blanket/ couch and he'll just nestle his head and moan .....
Are we alone in this or does someone else have a similar story???

after i'd had zack for a little while, he started making these really soft little moaning groaning sounds, like if he was in my lap and i would take him and stretch his body out and stroke his chest, i hear these little noises coming from down in his throat, very soft, always at times of pleasure. they are all the more endearing because they are small soft noises--sweet. :l*v:

Back