Thread: doggie bed

Post Thanks / Like

Default doggie bed

Hi all, looking to buy a BIG doggie bed for my two, they each have their own bed, but now they both insist in squashing into the 1 bed, they are so funny, each has their own side in the bed and they never swap sides So I'm looking to get a BIG bed they can both relax in, anyone know where to get good doggie beds???
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like

My breeder told me not to bother buying another bed. Admittedly, Holly curled up only takes half the existing one, but he said that Cavs love to be snug and cuddle close, and as far as they're concerned, the less space, the better! Certainly Holly is proving that- she's currently snoozing happily beside me, well and truly squashed between me and the arm of my armchair. I mean squeexed literally- she has no room at all, and there's a lovely big empty sofa across the room with her favourite (and mine ) furry blanket. True, if I move too much or she overheats, she's go to the sofa- but generally she loves the squash.

If the bed in question is the one in your avatar, it looks plenty big enough. Then again, it seems to be plastic- I know Holly loves her bed, which is wicker with a plush fur covering as you see in my avatar. Nice and soft to cuddle into or rest her head on! Puppy seems to like it too since she marched into it and snuggled up for 50 secs the last time she visited..

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one of the beds I have :

They've pretty much outgrown these:

Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmmm what's a dogbed???

Why would one need one of those when we have a sofa, a people bed, armchairs etc???

Love Roopert, TediBear, Jackster and Kyla xxxx
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki
    Hmmm what's a dogbed???

Why would one need one of those when we have a sofa, a people bed, armchairs etc???

Thats just about right Nikki!
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy, that is just what I am looking for, perfect, great idea. I am going to look up these sofabeds and see if I can get one over here.

Merlinsmum wote:

Hmmm what's a dogbed???

Thats just about right Nikki!
    I am going to leave it in the kitchen for them when I have to go out, so they have somewhere really comfy to relax. Don't have sofas, people beds, armchairs etc. in the kitchen
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I buy various sizes of crate mats and use them as beds as well as in crates. In the winter, we 'double them up' placing one mat on top of another for a warmer bed. In summer we place them fuzzy side down and smooth size up for a cooler bed.

http://www.dog.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=0...Cat=Dog%20Beds

All three cavs can fit on the larger crate mats, but usually only two will cuddle up together. Two cavs easily curl up together on the medium size. We keep these mats in the kitchen, where they spend lots of time. These mats are in their car crates and in their sleeping crates in our bedroom.

The mats can go in the washer, too, without having to remove/replace washable covers.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki
    Hmmm what's a dogbed???

Yeah, we've got all those too but our dopey Mamma has also got SEVEN beds for us as well. Silly Mamma, doesn't she know we'd prefer the furniture? We kick the kids off the sofa and they sit on our doggy beds

Post Thanks / Like

LOL @Donna! You know, my brother once folded himself into Holly's little basket on the grounds it was the most comfortable place in the kitchen to sit. I admit he had a point... Someday when my two get to the cuddling stage (if ever) I will buy one of those mock sofa bed things for my living room. A doggy bed in both kitchen and living room
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

We had half a dozen dog beds around the home but they still all piled into the SMALLEST one of the lot!!! so down the Blue Cross went four and I just keep a spare for any visitors!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.