Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first Rescue.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default My first Rescue.

I have been doing some volunteering with Save A Pound Dog Qld. Doing yard checks and that sort of thing. Yesterday I was asked to save a 10 month old Basset Hound from a Puppy Mill. The poor baby is half staved. She is 16.9kgs and should be at least 25kgs. And she has cherry eye which hasn't been treated. Infact this poor baby has never been to a vet. Never wormed. Nothing!

So Here she is TINKERBELL (now named Bella)

Vanessa

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on you for taking her on. Poor bella, her eyes look really red, I've never heard of cherry eye. Will they go back to a normal colour?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awww, look at her, poor girl. Are you fostering or thinking of keeping her? Good job for helping get her started on a new life!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

How could you not want this little girl Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hurray for you! she is such a cutie.
    being used to a trim cavalier, i have say, THAT is an underweight dog??? wow. her fat little paws are so cute.

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you in getting active Vanessa. She's adorable....I love basset's expressions.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, poor Bella. Please let us know how her health progresses. I have a real soft spot for basset hounds. My dear Humphrey lived to be 14.5 years old. They are fabulous dogs. Very loving and loyal and kind to everyone and so patient with other pets. Just wish they wouldn't bark so much. They LOVE to hear themselves bark.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awwwww ... how sweet!!!!

I love Bassetts too. One of my neighbors growing up had one. She actually abandoned him which was heartbreaking ... (it's a long story - her husband died tragically at a young age and I guess she was just too messed up and packed up one day in the middle of the night and left the house. Most of her belongings and lots of animals there to fend for themselves ... ). Anyway, I was much too young to do anything about it then, but seeing you taking on this Bassett hound just brings tears to my eyes and reminds me of that sweet puppy ...

Vanessa, I'm so impressed that you are helping this dog finally have a loving home all his own!!!

What a Lucky Doggie!!
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks You for helping this beautiful puppy out...only 10 months old and already a mess due to the Puppy Mills, makes one want to hang out and grab em by the neck as they drive their new cars purchased at the expence of the dogs.

Bless you and your family for helping Bella, she looks very sweet and Im sure will be a wonderful additon to your family.
    A Good Attitude is like Kudzu~ It spreads quickly and never stops growing.......

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like we may have a loving new home for her to go to. But first we need her to get desexed and have her eyes operated on (the good news is there is no damage to the eyes themselves so once the 3rd eyelid is gone she will be back to normal!) But we need to get her weight up before doing any ops. Once she is all better she will leave for her new home. Until then she is going to get lots of loving from my lot!
    Vanessa