• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rio 06/07/06 - 28/09/06

cecily

Never did I think I'd be posting here again so soon. My very first post was in this group, for Aggie. I'd found this website not long after she died, looking for something that would make me feel better and found more than I expected. I feel like everybody on this site owned a little bit of Rio too, because you have all offered advice from the very beginning, and provided so much support when she died. We only had her for four and a half weeks, but as you will understand a great deal of bonding was done in that time. Particularly as we took her through so many illnesses.

But I wanted to concentrate here on what a great pup she was. Rio gave us so much joy during such a short time. To begin with I thought she was a shy and insecure puppy. She spent her first few days here following us at our heels and sitting on our feet, gazing up at us. In the car she would lie in my lap, with her head at a funny angle so she could look at me. As the days passed she showed herself to be as bubbly as any cavalier puppy, and as loving. She had a quiet confidence about her, and wasn't scared by too much (even the vacuum cleaner and my mums JRT x pom). She loved stairs and was clambering up them on day one, and sliding down them by day 2. By week 2 she was bounding up and down them (until I read in this forum she wasn't supposed to, and subsequenty had a hard job keeping her off them). Everybody that met Rio was utterly enchanted by her. She had been almost housebroken by the time she was 10 weeks old (but her illnesses meant setbacks) and was beginning to come and sit on command. She made great friends with Flea, the cat. Poor Flea tried to make her play but when Rio got sick she just wasn't able for it. Rio loved to sleep and if you would try to stroke her or cuddle her while she was sleeping she would get up in a huff and fling herself down somewhere else where se wouldn't be disturbed. :)

:flwr: We miss you Rio :flwr:

Rio, at one week old
Resized_Puppies007.jpg

The day we took her home
Resized_2006_0827RioandJess0279.jpg

Rio and Flea, curled up and sleeping
rioflea.jpg

Ben giving Rio a kiss
rioben.jpg

"Move over!"
merio.jpg

Dear Cecily, :flwr:

Rio was for sure a very lucky little girl, she had a mummy and a daddy that loved her so dearly, that looked after her so very well, that showed her a life time of love and devotion in such a very short time.

There will always be a special place in your heart for her, treasure your memories for they are her gift to you. Yours to keep for ever.

with much love, :lotsaluv:

Alison xxx

Wilts, U.K.

I am just so glad that Rio was so very loved in her short little life. She was a sweet little girl. I'm relieved she is no longer suffering so...poor thing to go through so much in such a short period. My heart breaks for you, Cecily, to have gone through so much between Aggie and Rio in such a short time. Rest well little Rio...you'll be missed.

She went to the right person and you did everything you could to give her every chance. It is so very hard to have lost her, especially when you had already lost another. She was such a beautiful little girl.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Rio and I hope you find comfort from the comments on this board. I know when I posted about Toby it really helped to hear from others who understood how hard it is to lose a dog. Rio was beautiful right from the start and sounded like a real fighter. Best of luck to you in the coming weeks and months.

Margaret

Oh my dear little sweet Rio,

You were such a good little girl. I can't believe you were almost fully housetrained so little!! You were definately a smart little thing. I am happy for you to finally be pain free. You got the bestest mommy in the whole world, although you already know that. I hope you don't mind, but kosmo says to wait for him at the bridge until one day he comes too.. then you can finally be his rightful Irish girlfriend. :paw:

Cecily,

Bless you for having such compassion. You are such a wonderful person, Rio could not have asked for somebody better. I hope you take your memories and cherish every moment of them. She was so beautiful, I can see right off the bat why you fell in love with her. Take care of yourself Cecily. *hugZ*!

Cecily, I'm glad to see this. It's a more permanent (courtesy of Karlin's webhosting, of course) memorial to a pup who lived a short, but very full, loving and beloved life. You'll never forget her, and I doubt any of us will.

Take care of yourself! I hope you have lots of pics and vids that will give you a little Rio for a long time to come...

Dear Cecily

I think you are very brave and special to have written such a beauitful post about your puppy. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

You must be heartbroken to lose her so young, after so many difficulties too, but your love for her shines through and she was obvioulsy a very special, much loved wee girlie.

In time the raw pain fades, and you will remember the happy times you did spend with her...she was lucky to have such a wonderful family and to know joy and love and lovely animal companions too - that photo with Flea is fabulous and one to treasure.

I hope that Rio is playing at the Bridge with our other Angels...

Dear Cecily,

You gave Rio the best possible home she could have wished for, she couldn't have gone to anyone who would have loved her or cared for her as much as you and your hubby did.

Treasure your memories of your little one. Big hugs from me and the boys xxxxx

Remember Our Love

I was chosen today,
I'm learning to fly,
The world took me away,
but please don't you cry.

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone.

When you're feeling alone,
just remember our love.
I'm up near the stars,
looking down from above.

Remember our love,
In a moment you'll see,
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Darling Rio,

Run free from your pain, little one. Be free to be an angel puppy and go get your silken wings. RIP Beautiful baby girl :flwr:

cecily, what a beautiful tribute--the photos convey such happiness and love, everyone loved her, and she was so sweet and affectionate, and such a beauty what a sweet pretty little face, what a precious spirit. little rio certainly did touch many hearts, all over the world, in her breathtakingly short time. she left such a big impression on the world. amazing.

donna--what a beautiful and fitting poem...

Darling Rio, you were just too good for this earth.

I'm so sad for you, Cecily .... so much sadness in such a short time.

Rio, you were such a brave little girl, you gave love whilst you were her. Cecily you were with her through the pain and that was what she needed..... her pain is now gone and she is over the bridge. :flwr:

Back