• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

harness problem

Just went back on the site and it says "Size guide lines - (approx) Small - Chihuahua Medium - terrier Large - Mini Schnauzer" so I have emailed them and asked for mediums instead - Thanks Lisa ;)

Just went on Tiabelles site and a large looks like the right one???????

Oh well, just have to wait and see, Merlin is tall but slim so maybe the medium, will fit snugly rather than baggy on him

Jake is quite tall and weighs 24 lbs, Shelby is a couple of inches short and weighs about 19 lbs. Both of mine wear a large. It slips easily over their heads (I had tried a medium and couldn't get it over Jake's head!) and it loose once it's on. I made sure the strap around their body is snug, but not too tight, and they do just fine.

I think you'd need a large for an 18 lb cavalier. Jaspar is 16.5 pounds and a lanky boy and the medium just fits him around the neck. There's plenty of room at the girth; it's the neck that makes the difference. Jaspar actually falls right between a medium and a large.

Don;t forget cavaliers have very deep chests compared to many of the breeds they offer as sizing comparisons, so the sizing may not be relevant if you are comparing a similar sized dog of another breed.

Thanks for the advice - I've emailed them with Merlins measurements and asked them for their advise..

harness

:? i got a large for molly last year and that was to big so i stitched both the sides and thats fine now with charlie i got the large size he ways 9kg so i hope it will be ok if not out comes the needle+ cotton :d*g:

I have the large camouflage harness for Jaspar. It is a shade too big though he can wear it -- a bit loose at the neck but mainly I can't tighten the girth enough so it hangs a bit loose. He is a slightly built cavalier though. He has worn it while doing agility so it isn't loose enough to get in his way.

PS notice how long the threads always get during Puppia discussions... :lol:

I've aksed them to send me a medium and a large - whichever one fits Merlin the best then I'll take another one for the baby.... I think they'll be about the same size - even though Oakley is a greedy monster at present at his breeders!

As long as I keep the packaging and don't cut the labels they should take them back

Merlin is definitely a large - I nearly had to cut the Medium to get it back past his ears!
:lol: :lol:
I think'll I will have a large for Oakley as they are the same lines I suspect they will be about the same when Oakley is fully grown.

Kirsty, didn't see this topic, but was going to say petlondon except debit cards - and all my lot are in Mediums - Ozzy was weight this morning and is 6.54kg..... the camo ones did seem a tiny bit smaller than then normal harness though.

harness

:) ive now got charlies nice navy blue puppia harness and lead and the harness fit perfect (he weighs 9kg) and i love the lead it is a bit longer than my other leads which is better i think ill get a new one with lead for molly now she will nead a medium she only weighs 7kg :dogwlk:

I've ordered the blue orion in small for the puppy, and the pink orion in medium for Holly. The two together cost me about £28 from ebay including p&p. I gather the sticking point is often head and neck size- Holly's head is relatively small in comparison to other cavs I've seen, so the medium should fit...

Kirsty, I bet you are really counting the hours now!

when zack was about 12 pounds i got the small and it was way too small, it wouldn't go over his head. I just guessed the size based on his weight. If i'd measured him and gone by their measurements, i wouldn't have got the wrong size. He's 14 1/2 pounds now and the medium fits him perfectly. After going through all that, i found a store close by that has them--it's nice to be able to try on. Belle is about 13 pounds and i got her a medium. It's a bit loose on her, but not so loose she'll fall out of it. you can't really tell it's too big to look at her, it just gapes a bit if you pull on it. They are not adjustable at all in the neck, so if the neck is too small, there's nothing you can do.

belprk2.jpg

belprk5.jpg

bpark.jpg

Claire said:
Judy, Zack looks very smart in his green harness. :lol:

Claire, thanks! However that's not Zack. That's my daughter Lisa's dog, the lovely Belle--i think she looks great in the green. i got it for her last time she was visiting. In the third photo, zack is in the background, playing with the little kid. Belle doesn't like dog park much and hardly got off the picnic table the whole time.

if you want to see zack, i put lots of photos on his birthday tribute here :D
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4054

Back