Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: harness problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just went back on the site and it says "Size guide lines - (approx) Small - Chihuahua Medium - terrier Large - Mini Schnauzer" so I have emailed them and asked for mediums instead - Thanks Lisa
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. no probs- hope it still fits though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just went on Tiabelles site and a large looks like the right one???????

Oh well, just have to wait and see, Merlin is tall but slim so maybe the medium, will fit snugly rather than baggy on him
    Kirsty

Post Thanks / Like

Jake is quite tall and weighs 24 lbs, Shelby is a couple of inches short and weighs about 19 lbs. Both of mine wear a large. It slips easily over their heads (I had tried a medium and couldn't get it over Jake's head!) and it loose once it's on. I made sure the strap around their body is snug, but not too tight, and they do just fine.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think you'd need a large for an 18 lb cavalier. Jaspar is 16.5 pounds and a lanky boy and the medium just fits him around the neck. There's plenty of room at the girth; it's the neck that makes the difference. Jaspar actually falls right between a medium and a large.

Don;t forget cavaliers have very deep chests compared to many of the breeds they offer as sizing comparisons, so the sizing may not be relevant if you are comparing a similar sized dog of another breed.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice - I've emailed them with Merlins measurements and asked them for their advise..
    Kirsty

Post Thanks / Like

Default harness

i got a large for molly last year and that was to big so i stitched both the sides and thats fine now with charlie i got the large size he ways 9kg so i hope it will be ok if not out comes the needle+ cotton
    christine and cavaliers molly+charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have the large camouflage harness for Jaspar. It is a shade too big though he can wear it -- a bit loose at the neck but mainly I can't tighten the girth enough so it hangs a bit loose. He is a slightly built cavalier though. He has worn it while doing agility so it isn't loose enough to get in his way.

PS notice how long the threads always get during Puppia discussions...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've aksed them to send me a medium and a large - whichever one fits Merlin the best then I'll take another one for the baby.... I think they'll be about the same size - even though Oakley is a greedy monster at present at his breeders!

As long as I keep the packaging and don't cut the labels they should take them back
    Kirsty

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Merlin is definitely a large - I nearly had to cut the Medium to get it back past his ears!

I think'll I will have a large for Oakley as they are the same lines I suspect they will be about the same when Oakley is fully grown.
    Kirsty