Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What words or noises makes your dog's head tilt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default What words or noises makes your dog's head tilt?

I was thinking about this after looking at the cute Willow puppy pics.

What makes your own dogs tilt their heads from side to side? And do you do and say the things that will make them do this, just because it is so cute to watch?

If I make any kind of odd noise Jaspar and Leo tilt their heads. Or sometimes if I sing. (I am sure it is not a comment on the quality of my singing). Or if I say 'treats!' Or a word that they don't know, if it is a single word and they think that maybe it is a command they are supposed to know. Leo does it more than Jaspar. I don't know if I've ever seen Lily tilt her head!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I love it when Brodie does this!!! The cutest thing ever. It's like he is really trying to understand every word I am saying. He always does it if you are asking him a question...especially if the question has the word GO in it...Major Head Tilt Action then!
    Lynn
    Mom to Brodie (M Black and Tan) and Rescue Kitty Gonzolas

Post Thanks / Like

I just try and make any goofy sound, sort of like a woo woo sound....if that makes sense, LOL! That was how I got Bentley to perk up for the photo that I have as my avatar, I took that not too long after I got him last fall when he was about 7 months old.
    ~Renee, Bailey & Maddie, and RIP my beloved Bentley.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny this topic was brought up! The movie Grease was on TV today and apparently Kingston likes to tilt his head when I sing my awful rendition of "Hopelessly Devoted." LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Jasmine does the greatest head tilt when I say "Pickle do I love you!". I love watching her do that.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

apparently Kingston likes to tilt his head when I sing my awful rendition of "Hopelessly Devoted."

Yeah I get those startled looks too if I start to sing...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Avi and I were just commenting on this the other day. Kosmo is a tilter whenever we talk to him. When I tell him about my day (yes I am ridiculous!) he will tilt from side to side.

Whenever we turn on the Animal Planet and there are animals on the screen he continuously tilts from side to side. it's the funniest thing.
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

King will do the head tilt usually when some1 makes a weird noise...like a noise I make, it kinda sound like a broken trumpet... or if he hears a noise but can not see where it came from
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like

*g* Yes, Holly will do this too re weird noises. Also if you just sit and talk to her in a silly voice- her head goes from side to side! My uncle claims his girlfriend's shitzu cross understandsevery word he says, but I've never seen Poppet do the head thing. So Holly's more uh, interative. But then Poppet is the laziest thing that ever walked on four legs.

Post Thanks / Like

Our dogs will do the head tilt thing any time I make a sound they have not heard before, including singing.

BTW, I have been forbidden to sing. Dogs cower in corners; mothers bring their children indoors; squirrels start uncovering their winter stash of acorns. Kris said she's afraid the police and fire/rescue will show up one of these days
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers