• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What words or noises makes your dog's head tilt?

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking about this after looking at the cute Willow puppy pics.

What makes your own dogs tilt their heads from side to side? And do you do and say the things that will make them do this, just because it is so cute to watch? :lol:

If I make any kind of odd noise Jaspar and Leo tilt their heads. Or sometimes if I sing. icon_whistling (I am sure it is not a comment on the quality of my singing). Or if I say 'treats!' Or a word that they don't know, if it is a single word and they think that maybe it is a command they are supposed to know. Leo does it more than Jaspar. I don't know if I've ever seen Lily tilt her head!

I love it when Brodie does this!!! The cutest thing ever. It's like he is really trying to understand every word I am saying. He always does it if you are asking him a question...especially if the question has the word GO in it...Major Head Tilt Action then! :lol:

I just try and make any goofy sound, sort of like a woo woo sound....if that makes sense, LOL! That was how I got Bentley to perk up for the photo that I have as my avatar, I took that not too long after I got him last fall when he was about 7 months old.

It's funny this topic was brought up! The movie Grease was on TV today and apparently Kingston likes to tilt his head when I sing my awful rendition of "Hopelessly Devoted." LOL

Jasmine does the greatest head tilt when I say "Pickle do I love you!". I love watching her do that.

apparently Kingston likes to tilt his head when I sing my awful rendition of "Hopelessly Devoted."

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah I get those startled looks too if I start to sing... 8)

LOL Avi and I were just commenting on this the other day. Kosmo is a tilter whenever we talk to him. When I tell him about my day (yes I am ridiculous!) he will tilt from side to side.

Whenever we turn on the Animal Planet and there are animals on the screen he continuously tilts from side to side. it's the funniest thing.

King will do the head tilt usually when some1 makes a weird noise...like a noise I make, it kinda sound like a broken trumpet... :lol: or if he hears a noise but can not see where it came from

*g* Yes, Holly will do this too re weird noises. Also if you just sit and talk to her in a silly voice- her head goes from side to side! My uncle claims his girlfriend's shitzu cross understandsevery word he says, but I've never seen Poppet do the head thing. So Holly's more uh, interative. But then Poppet is the laziest thing that ever walked on four legs.

Our dogs will do the head tilt thing any time I make a sound they have not heard before, including singing.

BTW, I have been forbidden to sing. Dogs cower in corners; mothers bring their children indoors; squirrels start uncovering their winter stash of acorns. Kris said she's afraid the police and fire/rescue will show up one of these days :lol:

head tilt

:p my charlie will tilt his head if i say amber(my daughters name)he loves her to bits :l*v: and will then go and search for her,molly will do it if i say wee wee time...

Bailey is a tilter...... If sing to him or talk in a high pitched voice... Also my nephews toys that sing or talk... Yesterday it was my nephew's 1st birthday so he got lots of new toys. Bailey was standing right up close to one of them tilting his head from side to side (very cute)... Bailey also looks very cute in a birthday hat.. I'll post pic's soon.

Duncan tilts when I tile my head. If I get right in front of him he will mimic me. My husband gets a kick out of it.

Ella loves to head tilt. It happens most when I have her full attention - we are looking into each others eyes at somewhat of a distance and I'm talking to her. After a min. or so she stops tilting and comes running at me in full wimper like "mom I just don't understand you - I'm sorry - now can I kiss your face" It is the most adorable little puppy act - I love it.

Hey! My Willow inspired a thread! :D

Willow will head tilt at any unusual noise (kissy noises, singing, anything she hasn't heard before - which is still a lot of stuff). The funniest is when we watch The Simpsons - she head tilts every time Marge talks!

Krista

LOLOLOLOL! Now that's just mean.

But thank you for the very funny mental vision! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back