• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dirty Dogs...

duncans_ma

It was bath time at home again and hubby and I decided Duncan needed to go first, being the oldest. This was our first bath with Arthur, the new baby.

Duncan was particularly dirty and I needed a shower myself so in we go to the tub. Duncan patiently getting his bath and massage (I am too good to them). Arthur very curious about the whole thing.

Then in one swift motion Arthur ambushed us both. Landed in the tub, realized he was getting soaked and didn't like it then scratched up my entire back in an attempt to get out. My husband heard the commotion and ran into the bathroom to find me standing in the tub with a soapy Duncan under one arm and a wet Arthur in the other.

John laughed so hard he fell down..and then ran off threatening to get the camera exclaming sarcastically that he bet all of the friends on the message board would love to see me and "my" dogs in all our glory.

Thankfully there was no pic taken but next time I think I'll wear a bathing suit!!

Oh poor you Ashley! And poor Duncan. i have a feeling Arthur might have learned a lesson
:lol: :sl*p: :oops:

Oh no!!! Yes, your hubby sounds a lot like mine....where's the sympathy! But I'm gonna guess you were ended up laughing as well!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it - I had the first bath experience with Ella this weekend. I more or less did what you did - I got in the bath and ignored her until she was beside herself to join me. At first I thought she liked it - not so much - she quickly decided to head for high ground on me as well. It was really pretty cute how needy she became once she realized she was wet. These little guys are endless laughter!

I didn't even think about a bathing suit but I think I'll take a lesson from you and go ahead and try that next time.

You could still be scratched through the suit though! Holly just gets plonked in the bath and with the shower attachement turned on her- on warm, naturally. She seems happy enough. I did go to Lush today though and got a divine smelling shampoo/shower cream that the guy assured me will be equally effective on dogs :D

This thread is so funny!!! I cracked up laughing when I heard of your story. Now Avi would have had the camera just to spite me!! LOL

It reminds me of when Kos was little, one of the first baths I gave him. He fought so long and then just gave up: LOL

m55198881.jpg

Back