• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi! 1st time Cav owner

Chelle

Hi all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in Ontario Canada, and we've just put a deposit on the most sweetest puppy ever. Her name is Bella and we bring her home this coming weekend - I'm so excited!

We drove to Niagara Falls yesterday and spent well over an hour at the breeder's home. When we pulled up we were greeted by the puppies' mom, dad, AND grandmother, who all live there (inside, with the breeder and the pups!). All 3 of them were spectacular, tails wagging, sweet, friendly, eager to greet. Mom and grandma are Blenheim, and dad is a gorgeous Tri-colour. The breeder is fantastic with her dogs, and the puppies are VERY well socialized... they snuggle right into your arms and lick your chin :luv:

I ended up leaving very torn... the little male tri-colour also stole my heart. He's a bit more 'spirited', LOL, but an absolute love. I tried talking my husband into letting me have two *pouts* But, I'm sure he won't last long!

This will be our first dog since the loss of our beloved English Bull Terrier, 4 years ago. The breeder tells me compared to my Bully, raising a CKCS will be a walk in the park, heh.

Anyway, it's been a few years since I've raised a pup and I'm a bit rusty, so I'm sure I'll be around asking lots of questions!

Bella already has her own webpage (click my signature image). The photos on there are from yesterday at the breeder's. I'll be adding lots more once we get her home!

Glad I found this site! :lol:

Awwwww ... Bella is just absolutely precious. :lotsaluv:

Love her webpage. :w*w:

And what a fabulous way to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving next week ... with a brand new bundle of joy to be thankful for!! Congratulations!!

icon_welcome

Bella is a beauty!! What a little sweetie--and, oh, those eyes!!

Welcome to the board, by the way!

:mexwav:

Bella is adorable. Tell her...It's a good thing her mommy and daddy are geeks...it just means they love her and aren't afraid to show it!!

Awwww, get both of them! They can keep each other company when you're away from home. I just bought my 1st Cav about three months ago, and I'd love to have another!

Congratulations! And welcome to the board! It's great to have another Canadian on board. I'm also from Ontario. I am new to cavaliers too as I just got my puppy 4 weeks ago! You must be so excited... She is adorable. I LOVE the webpage.
Enjoy Bella and the extra special Thanksgiving! :wggle:
Take lots of pictures! :snap:
:flwr:

Hi and welcome to you and your new baby,

Enjoy the group :flwr:

Look forward to some pictures when you bring her home.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

What a beautiful little girl. I love that picture of the brother getting in on the act, some what reminds me of Darren's brother Mat who has to get in the picture... had some nice pictures of me and Darren ruined.

Your baby is only three days younger than mine- who comes home on Monday. The week seems so loooonnng in passing, and I'm on tenterhooks in case something horrible happens!
Morbid, innit? :yikes

Website is lovely and so is Bella. Blenheim spot and all :drool:

Lisa_T said:
Your baby is only three days younger than mine- who comes home on Monday. The week seems so loooonnng in passing
Ooooh, I know! If this week goes any slower it would be going backwards! :roll:

You must be very excited, too!!

Chelle you must be soooo excited to see your baby tomorrow and play with her during your long Thanksgiving holiday weekend!!!

Hope you have a blast and we'll need you to post lots and lots of pics of Bella's homecoming :)

:snap: :snap: :snap: :snap: :snap: :snap:

Chelle said:
Lisa_T said:
Your baby is only three days younger than mine- who comes home on Monday. The week seems so loooonnng in passing
Ooooh, I know! If this week goes any slower it would be going backwards! :roll:

You must be very excited, too!!

Certainly am. My kitchen presently resembles a vet's, with play pens and crates set up everywhere. I want my older cav to get used to the environmental changes before inflicting the puppy on her :lol: :lol: As I said elsewhere, I'm trying rather desperately to forget that anything important is happening on Monday on the principle that a watched kettle never boils. Plus, the breeder told me last night that although my pup's getting her final vaccs on Mon am, they're bringing her over in the evening so they can watch out for immediate nasty reactions. So I'm gonna jump every time the phone rings in case it's them.. :yikes

I love the website idea! My new year's resolution (academic new year's resolution, rather) is to learn HTML. Really gotta do it.. :D

Back