• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is inguinal hernia as common as umbilical hernia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger's Mom

Newbie to the forum. Hi~!

Is inguinal hernia as common as the umbilical? I've read many posts about the umbilical hernia and that it's not a big deal but there seems to be no posts about inguinal hernia.

I have a 6 wk old puppy (picking up from breeder at 10 wks) and my breeder just informed me today that she developed inguinal hernia. I have a picture of her that shows the "bump" but I don't know how to post a picture on this forum!

I'm wondering if the inguinal hernia is rare (opposed to the umbilical) and perhaps more serious...

Any input/knowledge is appreciated. Thanks!

Veronica
Orange County, California

RubyTuesday said:
...I'm wondering if the inguinal hernia is rare (opposed to the umbilical) and perhaps more serious...

I agree it's less common and more serious.

I am going to close this duplicate thread as most are replying in the General section.

Just in future: it is preferred just to post in one section rather than duplicate a post in two, as it causes confusion for people who are trying to either search for or follow the topic. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back