Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone use a Pet Yard pen?

Post Thanks / Like

I, also work outside my home. I keep my three cavs in a spare bathroom that can be gated off. I do use an x-pen when we travel with them, I have a collapsible one. It works well. When I got my first cav, I was only working six hours a day, she did fine with a radio, puppy pad,her crate and her toys. No trouble housebreaking her. I got the other two to keep her comapny when I started working full time. The funny thing is, if I get a day off all they do is sleep....

Have fun with your puppy, she's a sweetie and your websites are awesome.

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

We used something very similar except my hubby built it, it was much less expensive to build than buy pre-made.

We also placed lineleum down with some paper, here are a few shots of it, it has gone through 2 puppies and is now stored away in our garage for the next puppy.

Post Thanks / Like

chelle, if you can come home a couple of times in the morning and at lunch and your mom comes in the mid-afternoon, and the crate/pen area is small enough in the beginning, housetraining may go smooth and fast. (if her little space is too roomy in the beginning, she may feel more free to eliminate in it). i took karlin's advice and got the book she recommended. i didnt' end up needed to use it (yet anyway) because zack's post-housetraining peeing was isolated, but i passed the book on to my daughter lisa who has 15 month old cavalier who pees (my opinion is this peeing is related to them not coming home during the day). Anyway, i looked the book over. It's clear and right to the point.

I love bella's webpage! she's adorable. and you home is awesome, she's going to have a great time there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Judy!

Linda, your pen is awesome! Your hubby is a handy guy. And you just gave me a great idea.. I have a couple rolls of leftover linoleum kicking around. I bet I can rig up a floor for my setup

As an aside, I just spoke to our breeder. The pups were at the vet's yesterday, and Bella is 4.2lbs, and healthy as can be. The vet saw no sign of heart or knee trouble either. Of course, I already have an appt booked with our own vet for next week, but it's good to know she's got a clean bill of health
    Bella's Mom

Post Thanks / Like

I too work all day and so does my husband. When Duncan was a puppy I worked very close to home and went home at least twice daily to let him out. We have a small kitchen and used a gate with his kennel in it. It worked like a charm and, for the record, when I cam home, he was usually in his kennel and we still find him in it when we get home 80% of the time. It is truly his den and a comfort to him.

We just got Arthur last week and while I am now working 30 miles away my husband is working nearby and has commited to going home at lunch.

I wish I could work from home or take my dogs with me everywhere I go, but that is not my reality. We work very hard to give our puppies love and attention all night and when we can get home during the day. I hope it is some comfort to you that the what seems to make our pups the happiest is consistency and a schedule. I have said before, usually on Saturday morning after hours of us at home Duncan is in his grate with a big hmmph! as if to say please let me get my morning nap.
    Ashley - Mom to Duncan (4 years/blenheim) and Arthur (3 years/ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 petyard plastic pens. We use them for pups between 7-12 weeks. I kept loaning them out and then I'd need it-- so we went to Farm and Fleet ($50.00) and bought another - we did that twice. The same silly pen can be purchased for toddlers at Babys r Us for about $80.00 (same thing - different box). I also have a precision pen for outdoors-- It would mar the floor and walls here- and I've seen grown dogs jump them. It is fun designing "playrooms" in the petpens.