• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cookie's not well again :(

Since Cookie is under the care of her vet for other health problems besides weight, it is in her best interest to follow the vet's dietary instructions. The vet knows best what is good for Cookie right now. :flwr: Canned vegetables may contain sodium, which is not good for heart problems. :(

An overweight dog still needs good nutrition. I would always consult with a vet to discuss putting an overweight dog on a diet. There are often other factors that need to be considered when dieting.

All dogs need a balanced diet with good nutrition, and that should not include 'crash' dieting.

lol, well she is a funny character!!! AND ITS EXACTLY A YEAR TODAY THAT COOKIE CAME TO LIVE WITH US!!!!!! it was a temporary arrangement, but how could we not keep her??!!! she's soo happy now!!

ok well , i'l let u know wot happened at the vets. cookie has lost 4oz in a week on the vetinary food...which doesnt seem alot but its a start!! the vet said cookies chest sounded not congested and it was last week. We can start to take cookie out for a little longer as well. also she has changed her heart tablets. we have to go back in 2 weeks, i'm hoping everything will be ok. Going to see where we are in two weeks time xxx

Well done Cookie :D We all love you :lotsaluv: How could we not love that adorable little face?

Tanya, if she's still a bit hungry then cabbage, cauliflower and carrots are excellent for her. Maxx loves all of these (he loves broccolli too but it's not that good for dogs) and they are all virtually calorie free. I'm sure the Vet would approve of her having them (raw or cooked). My Vet told me to use them as treats :D

Hurray for Cookie and Tanya!
When i first gave carrot sticks to Zack, he didn't like them very much. I had heard other people say their dogs loved them, something nice and crunchy to chew on, and i wished Zack would like them because of the benefits of them. I kept giving them to him and after a while, he started to eat them. At first he would just gnaw on it a little bit and then leave it laying around, and ignore it. It would get soft ad soggy. But after a while he started eating them, the soggy ones that had been laying around which i didn't throw away yet. Especially in the morning, he would get excited and start crunching away on them, happily. So that was a change. now he likes them a lot, he eats them every day. He doesn't necessarily always start eating it right after i give it to him, but maybe because i don't give him other chew treats, he has developed a taste for the carrot sticks, and he prefers to eat them over his kibble at certain times, especially in the mornings. I see this as a weight control resource. So, if Cookie doesn't like them in the beginning, maybe if you keep giving them to her, she will later.

Back