Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG just found out what bully sticks are

Post Thanks / Like

Default OMG just found out what bully sticks are

Well after reading a couple of times on here about people giving bully sticks to their doggies I decided to do a search to find out what they were.

Oh Oh yuk ! Bulls penis and you people give them to your sweet and innocent cavies (and I bet they love em )

Now this is how sick and twisted I am, how long after they have had their bully stick do you wait to give them a kiss ??

brings me to another question........how many people kiss their dogs on the lips ??

I am terrible, I let them lick my face and kiss on the lips and everything.
    (probably equally as yuk as the bully sticks to some of you ?)
    Luvzcavs xx
    Harry (tri) and Digby (blen).

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh, they do love their bully sticks, so I just try not to think where they come from. The last time I bought them from my local pet store, it was cheaper to buy one 36 inch bully stick and have it cut down. When I asked my Dad to cut it with his saw into 6 inch pieces, you can be sure I didn't tell him it was bull penis. I needed his help, so it was best that he stayed in the dark about it's origins.

As far as kisses, yes dogs put bad stuff in their mouth and I let them kiss me. Even if it wasn't bully sticks, they lick in some very inappropriate places. I just choose not to think about that either.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aha another case of first timer shock at learning of what bully sticks are made...

Here in Ireland they are marketed as 'pizzle sticks' by Lidl which makes it a bit more obvious!!

To be honest I am less worried about face licks after a dried bully stick than I am after the dogs have been licking all their own similar parts clean...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

PMSL I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather mine kiss me after eating a bully stick than after eating something disguting that the birds have dropped in the garden! At least the bully sticks are cooked

If Maxx wants to give you a kiss, there's nothing at all that will stop him and he likes to get inside your ears and nose as well

Charlie's kiss is a bit stingier - one lick on the nose and that's your lot

Have you seen Maxx's kiss fest video????

This is him and my youngest son.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUFp82I-xqw

And no, my son hadn't been eating - he'd just had a shower and was in his pyjamas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Heheheh, this reminds me of my first encounters with bully sticks. One of the dog trainers recommended bullies, so I bought a few and gave to my pups. As they chewed an odor arose . The next time I went to training class, I asked what is a bully stick made of? Since we were in mixed company, she said "it's what makes a bull a bull"

We were sooo grossed out, but of course if the pups love them.... We buy the 12 inch bullies, and my hubby cuts them with his power saw into 4 inch pieces. It actually smells worst when he cuts them.

I wonder what your dad thought of the smell when he was cutting the bully stick for you??
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

i never knew what bully sticks where either..now i kno ..well..

yea im also curios about the face/lips kissing thing...i always let my dogs kiss me all over the face/lips i dont mind at all..hygenically i dont know if its good or not...im assuming its not good but my two have been doing it for ages and nothing seems to happening (i think i even encourage by always givin then a light kiss then on the lip ) milo has this weird obsession with licking my ears to death and sort o putting his mouth around the edge..his teeth never close on the ear he just like.,.i duno how 2 explain it..i have noo idea if its good or not so ill jst continue watching this topic.
    xXNishaXx
    Milo & Monty~ (Males, Blenheims, born 25/11/05 )
    Ally (Daschund - not with me)

Post Thanks / Like

Donna - max looks likehe loves your son alot! your son seems to be having a good time as well!
    xXNishaXx
    Milo & Monty~ (Males, Blenheims, born 25/11/05 )
    Ally (Daschund - not with me)

Post Thanks / Like

I've sticked to the pig ears...
    But that's just becous my babies don't like the bulle sticks
    -Jenný, Ronja, Bono and Nóra

"If you want your dreams to come true, you have to wake up"

Post Thanks / Like

My guys aren't allowed bully sticks anymore because they get so posessive with them.

Donna - I just love that video. I smiled through the whole thing. I love the little flash of tail wagging you can see. I just adore your son's reaction. He's loving it!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Both my boys adore the babies - no wonder they are so naughty - Mamma says no so they go to one of the soft touches

Nisha, my excuse is that a dog's lick has got antiseptic in it - my Vet lets the dogs kiss him too - he's still here

I honestly think that kids who live with dogs are hardier than kids who don't so there must be some good in keeping them - not that we don't already know this....