• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

THEME: You Dirty Dog, You!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is a tough one, just can't make a decision...

I love these snow ones

TedBear
adjTeddy151424.jpg

and Rupert
adjRupert152122.jpg

and of course Rupert's classic "head in the coal" photo

adjRupert210804-39-54718.jpg

but I think this will have to be my entry

Peaches and Fillipa, sadly both at the Bridge now, but Fillipa was our mud magnet!!

adjOurDogs250504-23-17394.jpg

THOSE are some Dirty Dogs, Nicki!!! what great shots, all of them!! I'm really coveting a good digital SLR... icon_whistling

:w*w: Nicki, those are beautiful shots. The last one is soooo cute! And the snowy ones are just gorgeous. They would be great in a calendar as winter month pics. :flwr:

This one isn't actually dirty, but she was doing 'headplants' in the snow! And it did take a long while to clean her up and dry her off when she came inside. :lol:
2825845_89d769c612.jpg

wow, cathy, India looks hauntingly beautiful in that picure, her expression..

I haven't seen nicki's photos yet because suddenly my broadband has gone out (new TimeWarner ISP :( ) and i'm on my dialup account this morning. For some reason, nicki's photos are loading extremely slowly, though all the other photos on the page have loaded. I get just the tops of the dogs' heads, which took a long time to get that, but i have to leave the computer and have breakfast and get to work, so maybe by the time i finish yoga, the photos will be visible...

:x :crash: :swear: :crash:

ok, about 3 minutes later--still just the top of dogs heads but can see rupert's eyes and nose.

i'm wondering if dial up is this slow for everyone or if it's just my problem. al the other photos loaded ok, just not nicki's--they are still gradually unfolding, but i mean GRADUALLY, like i've been waiting at least 5 minutes now.... arrrghhhh.... ok, i'll come back later.

woowoo broadband is back up, i don't know for how long but it's great. all of nicki's photos came right up immediately. very nice shots, tedbear is gorgeous. fillipa is a great entry! I can see why you had a hard time choosing. mister coal face is a strong competitor too. i had such a hard time with the silliest ears, i had one other photo i was torn between, and even if i couldn't enter it, i still wanted to share it with everyone.

reminds me of a batmobile coming in for a landing :lol:
zbatsm.jpg

Oh that's brilliant Judy, a great shot.

Yes it's hard to choose sometimes...Maybe we should do a separate thread in the gallery each time for the shots we decided not to enter?

Cathy, I just love that one of India, it's stunning. She's so beautiful anyway, and looks really precious covered in snow.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments...I'm afraid photography is a bit of an obsession in this house - 2nd only to the dogs :D

OMG Zack looks like a mad dog in that last one :yikes :lol:

Cathy, I love India's snowy pics, she is adorable :flwr: Nicki, you know when I see pics of Roops I want to abduct him - well that snowy one just makes me more determined :badgrin:

I can't believe that Perfect Princess Peaches ever got that dirty :shock: Little Fillippa looked really pleased with herself though LOL And Teddy's snowman pic awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :l*v:

It's going to be hard voting in this competition...

Nicki, that photo of Ted Bear in the snow is breath taking!

So many of these pixs made me laff...especially "dirty, I don't see no dirt".

OMG Judy, you'll have to use that last picture of Zack in another competition!! I've never seen a cavalier look so scary :shock: :shock:
He looks like he's about to eat that other poor doggie :lol:
I LOVED that other picture also, the one you entered. Great close up 8)

Nicki... you put us all to shame with your photos. Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!! I think we'll have to introduce a handicap system, like in golf ;) ;)

ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED!! Poll will be opening really soon!!

Great entries, everyone!! thanks so much for participating! :D

:jump: :v*cuum:

Sorry this theme is now closed, but there will be a new one next week...

Thanks Cecily...blushing here...

cecily said:
OMG Judy, you'll have to use that last picture of Zack in another competition!! I've never seen a cavalier look so scary :shock: :shock:
He looks like he's about to eat that other poor doggie :lol:
I LOVED that other picture also, the one you entered. Great close up 8)

:lol: I have several ferocious looking pics of zack when he's playing with other dogs, he looks quite vicious. when i'm watching them play, i don't see it, but the camera catches him looking like a fiend.

In that photo, the dog he was playing with was much bigger, a 50 pound 6 month old part lab puppy named Reno, and Reno started the whole thing, he really liked Zack and started playing with him, it was the first time i've ever seen Reno at the park. The owner approached me immediately, Tom (and Diedre) and he said "Just tell me if you want me to restrain my dog," he said Reno was just a puppy and hadn't learned his own strength, the owner was concerned Reno might accidentally hurt Zack, but i was watching and Reno was definitely being gentle, he did know how to curtail his roughness and bites, puppies do learn this pretty young if they aren't removed from their siblings and mom too early. I told them it looked fine, i was happy to see Zack have a playmate. They played for a long time and had a great time.

Cecily, i just love your new avatar. Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back