• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

tasty treat for people as well as ur canine kid

Kingofthehouse86

Guys here's a recipe for a morning smoothie that will give u a lil energy boost and taste great

1 1/4 cup of OJ
1 banana
1 1/4 cup of frozen berries: raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or strawberries
1/2 cup of low-fat silken tofu or low-fat plain yogurt (I use yogurt not big on tofu... :lol: )
1 tbsp of sugar or splenda, optional (but there's no need it's sweet enough)

I give King a couple of laps and he really loves the stuff. I made it over the weekend and gave King some and I could see the energy boost it gave me and King for our play day.... :lol:

Also u don't have to have it only in the morning it make a nice nightime snack to...

I cut up a bananna yesterday for the afternoon snack. Elvis was the only one of four dogs that would eat it. The male Saint wouldn't even taste it...the Cocker and Beauregard both spit it out. Elvis ate theirs, too.

KC

Thanks Aaron that sounds yummy...

I wouldn't put this in though if you're making it for the dogs...

1 tbsp of sugar or splenda, optional (but there's no need it's sweet enough)

Mine won't eat banana unless it's been "whizzed" with the hand blender...they don't like the texture :roll:

Thanks Aaron, looks like a delicious recipe. Just got to go buy some berries!

My pups love bananas!

A very small amount of honey or molasses could be substituted for the sugar if absolutely necessary to sweeten. I'll bet banana peanut butter smoothies would go over well too!

Giving Twinkle banana is liking giving a baby coca cola - she hits the roof :jmp2:

Yea I kno the sugar is no good for pups, but I was just copying the recipe and forgot bout where I was typing....I found @ my supermarket a bag of frozen "Berry Medley" all the berries the recipe calls for....

Also King loves the frozen berries it was a cool treat after being in a HOT house yesterday...the oven was on, dryer, and the sun was beating in on the house so he was very warm...so the berrries cooled him down

Back