Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Freaking Out!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm Freaking Out!

Kingston was scratched in the eye by a cat while we were at a friend's house last night. I didn't even know it happened until I heard him screaming and crying out. It was past 11 at night, so I decided to wait until the vet opens at 7:30am to take him in. But during the night I could tell he was uncomfortable and his eye looked gooey so I took him to the Emergency Vet Clinic. I just got back, and I ended up having to leave him there. Coming back without my dog was the worst feeling in the world.

They have to stain his eye to see what damage has been done. The opthamologist won't be in for about 2 hours so I have to go back then. I'm so scared he's going to lose his eye or need surgery. I'll never forgive myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Poor Kingston and poor you! It's good that he'll be seen by an ophthamologist in a short time. He's in the best place he can be right now. I hope the waiting time goes as fast as possible for you. Please keep us updated on how he's doing. We're sending positive thoughts your way!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Positive thoughts for poor Kingston.... let us know as soon as you hear any news.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Kingston - Busta got hit in the eye by Casper Darrens mum's cat... it become gooey too, we took him to the vets in the morning though, they put the dye in and there was a small tiny scratch on the eye surface, gave him injection and synolox tablets and a cream which we had to use twice daily..... which is the same stuff Ozzy is on at the moment. Let us know any news, it should be okay our vet says that many puppies come in with kitten/cat scratches to the eye.

Post Thanks / Like

Default eye

my cat scratced my dogs eye and it went a cloudy colour it did look bad we went to the vets and he had a ulcer on it but with eye drops it cleared up after 2 weeks he dosent go near the cat now
    christine and cavaliers molly+charlie

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so so sorry, I hope Kingston will be okay.
    Sorry I am not fond of cats, had a really bad scare when I was young and it has stayed with me through my Adult years.

I am also very nervous of the damage they can do to the eyes if they have claws.
    Our neighbor has a cat and it practically lives outside, it drives Dudley absolutely nuts, Dudley is forever sticking his head under the fence and I am terrified that he is going to also get scratched one day.

Please keep us posted on how he is doing, will keep everything crossed he is okay.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh, poor little guy

I'm sure they'll take good care of him and get him fixed back up soon. There's not much they can't fix these days! I'm just sorry Kingston has to go through this.

I've caught flack from family/friends about de-clawing my cats, and our kitten just got done last week, but this just reinforces my decision. Especially with a puppy coming into the house!

(((Healing vibes))) to Kingston, and a hug for mom
    Bella's Mom

Post Thanks / Like

Healing vibes to Kingston!

I know eyes are supposed to heal quickly in humans, hopefully this is the case with dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope everything is OK and he is home soon----Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Robbie had a puncture wound to his eye which took awhile to clear up but it did..his probably took along time because that eye also does not produce tears..it never slowed him down a bit.
    Debbie, Riley and Robbie