• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm Freaking Out!

Awww man.....that sucks.

Fortunately I'm severely allergic to cats so I can safely keep Izzy and Abby away from them :)

How did Kingston make out with his surgery today, any news?

Been thinking about him!

Kingston made it safely out of surgery! The lens was not damaged and they were able to suture the hole in the cornea. The vet says his vision should be totally fine. He will have a scar, but I probably won't be able to see it with my naked eye. The vet also told me there is always the possibility for complications or future problems with a situation like this but I pray to God that won't happen. Kingston is staying overnight at the hospital, and if all goes well I should be able to pick him up in the morning.

I called the hospital tonight just to see about him and when the vet technician answered the phone I said, "I'm callling to check on Kingston," and she said, "Oh, he must be the dog everybody is carrying around all the time! We love him!" I felt so much better to know he was in a caring environment and I know FOR SURE he is loving the attention!

Let this be a warning to anyone who experiences an eye injury like this in the future... Please have your dog checked out immediately. The vet said the best thing I did for Kingston's eye was seeking out quick medical attention.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

cl*p Yay!!! I am so happy Kingston pulled through okay and you must be SOOO relieved. I'll bet you can't wait to get your baby home and just smother him with kisses!!! :lotsaluv:

It's great that they are giving him so much attention and loving him in the hospital ... how could they not though ... he's such a cutie pie!!

So relieved for you and Kingston ......
Who's going to be spoilt when he comes home????
Best wishes from Ireland .....

Well done Kingston maybe mommy should buy a pair of doggles so that nasty cat doesn't try it again....

If there is a scar, I think the ophthamologist would want to continue seeing Kingston to remove the scar. My sister's dog had a scarred cornea, and the vet kept sort of shaving it off until her dog's eye was back to normal. Come to think of it, my mother had the same thing years ago, and had to have the corneal scar removed several times.

Glad to hear he's doing fine and getting lots of love and attention from the vet's office!!

So glad to hear he came through everything fine. Isn't it nice to know that they knew exactly who he is and are loving on him? When I called to check on Shelby during her knee surgery I got such a sense of relief when told she was laying with a tech at that moment and couldn't come to the phone :)

:updte:

Kingston is back home!!!

They were able to suture the hole in his cornea with no complications. He has to wear an e-collar for 3 weeks, which he HATES. I have to give him five medications, four of which are eye-drops that are to be given four times a day, five minutes apart. The vet told me I was lucky Kingston didn't get stolen, and the nurse that brought him out to me kissed him on the mouth! I'm not sure he wanted to come home! :cry*ing: haha.

So....$1700.00 dollars later, Kingston is home safe and sound. I'm off to cuddle with my baby! Bye folks!

I am so glad to hear that Kingston is OK! When I first read your post I was so worried for him, sounds like he was really in good hands at the vet's tho and that he is doing well! Cat scratches can be really nasty.

KingstonsMom said:
Kingston made it safely out of surgery! The lens was not damaged and they were able to suture the hole in the cornea. The vet says his vision should be totally fine. He will have a scar, but I probably won't be able to see it with my naked eye. The vet also told me there is always the possibility for complications or future problems with a situation like this but I pray to God that won't happen. Kingston is staying overnight at the hospital, and if all goes well I should be able to pick him up in the morning.

I called the hospital tonight just to see about him and when the vet technician answered the phone I said, "I'm callling to check on Kingston," and she said, "Oh, he must be the dog everybody is carrying around all the time! We love him!" I felt so much better to know he was in a caring environment and I know FOR SURE he is loving the attention!

Let this be a warning to anyone who experiences an eye injury like this in the future... Please have your dog checked out immediately. The vet said the best thing I did for Kingston's eye was seeking out quick medical attention.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

From now on, if anyone posts about a possible eye injury, the advice will be to go to the emergency vet ASAP!!!!

Thank goodness Kingston will be alright!

That's the truth!! This had the potential to be so much worse. So relieved you got him to the vet right away and everything will be okay.

Here's a picture of Kingston after his eye injury. He was SO miserable the first day home, but he's much better now. He hates his new collar, but I think he looks kinda cute in it. I've been calling him my "little satellite dish!"

263424366_3d63089de3.jpg

His left eye is not quite so squinty today. It looks a strange color in the picture because he's getting so many eye drops and the camera flash is reflecting the moisture. His eye actually looks more normal. They had to shave off the hair around his eye and on his leg where they inserted the catheter. Think the hair will grow back normally???

I am sure the hair will grow back normally. Kosmo had some hair shaved off on his leg when he was neutered and i can't even tell where it was anymore. thank God Kingston is alright. Kos had a similar incident a few weeks back but he recovered.. I am so thankful for that. Kingston looks so cute in that picture. Funny how the vets google over our cavvies every time we bring them in, huh? Glad he's doing better and back home! :flwr:

Awww sweet boy. So glad he's okay. Yep, the hair will grow back before you know. Shelby had her whole leg and hip shaved for her patella surgery and it really didn't take that long for it to grow back.

So glad it all went well. Try not to worry now, the worst of it is over. Maxx had to go back for check ups for about 18mths after his eye problems but we've had no problems since.

You did the very best thing to take him to the Vets straight away. I would always take an animal to the Vets or a child to the hospital with any eye injury as there is so much that we can't see.

Really glad he's home again and being loved by his Mommy. Sounds like he had a great time at the surgery too - these cavaliers always seem to get spoiled at the Vets, probably because they know they are least likely to rip their hands off :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back