Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Freaking Out!

Post Thanks / Like

If it's any consolation I think you're going to hear a lot of these stories. You aren't alone. Jake got his eye scratched by our cat when he was just a few months old. After a couple of hours I noticed he was having a problem opening his eye. Immediately took him to ER. The cat had scratched his cornea (vet said it was good the cornea was not actually punctured). Came home with antibiotics and drops for a couple of weeks. It healed perfectly with no lasting problems. Everyone said "I'll bet her leanred his lesson" ....nope, he was still very interested in playing with KT. KT has since passed away (she had lymphoma and we knew she didn't have long) and we waited to get Shelby so we didn't have to deal with this problem.

Hope he's okay. Let us know.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. It truly helps me through this.

I just came back from the Pet Hospital. Kingston is in the hands of a certified animal opthamologist who works exclusively with eyes. It turns out that Kingston's cornea was punctured. The doctor does not think the lens has been damaged, which is good news. However, the hole in the cornea has to be repaired through surgery. Kingston will have the surgery this afternoon and if all goes well I can pick him up tomorrow morning.

I hope I'm making the right choices here. I felt confident in this doctor (I usually get bad vibes from vets, but not this time). The cornea basically has a hole in it, and I don't see how there is any other option but to surgically stitch it back up.

They let me spend a few minutes alone with Kingston before I left him. He just licked my face and cuddled in my arms and let out the biggest sigh. I couldn't help but burst into tears. Please pray that his beautiful little eye (the one you can see in my avatar) will be okay.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like he is in very good hands, but I know the whole thing has to be very disconcerting. How unfortunate that that happened

Thoughts and prayers with your little boy, and hoping he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Please keep us posted!
    Bella's Mom

Post Thanks / Like

Maxx also suffered at the claws of a cat He was extremely lucky not to lose his eye as the claw punctured it and also went through the lens. His eyeball was pouring with blood . Opthamologists can do wonders you know and though it took six months of treatment for Maxx's eye to heal and he has a 'cloudy' eye, he is fine now.

Please try and keep your spirits up, thinking of you and little Kingston xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Chester and I will keep our fingers and paws crossed for Kingston's full receovery! I'm really sorry this happened to your baby and it just makes me like cats even less than I already do.

Sorry if I offend the nice cats out there, but the majority of cats I and Chester have ever met have been grumpy, defensive curmudgeons. I jsut wish I could meet a nice sweet kitty that didn't want to claw the crap out of my dog and then perhaps I would start to warm to the feline species.

Best of luck to you and give Kingston kisses from me and Chester!
    "My little dog: A heartbeat at my feet."
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like

How scary for you but I feel sure he'll be okay. Good thing you took him to an opthamologist!!! We'll be praying for him tonight. I know it just breaks your heart doesn't it? Both of mine have been through serious surgeries and it was so terrifying. They both came through them just fine though. I cried...mostly with relief...when I got to bring him home. Try to get some rest so you can spent your time canoodling with him when you bring him home. Hugs!

And poor Maxxy baby. Must have scared you to death Donna!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sending positive thoughts your way!
    Kendra
    Mommy to Cupcake and Nila & Auntie to Nacho

Post Thanks / Like

We will be thinking of you tonight. Our prayers are with you.
    Michelle - Mommy to Sabrina, Sebastian, Honey, Cisco and Callie and also human children Mikaya and Cody.

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs to you and Kingston. Good thing you took him to the vet. We will say a prayer for you both.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

God Bless little Kingston and mom too! I know it must be heartwrenching to leave your baby but you are doing everything you can for the little guy. He's fortunate to have such a caring mom, sometimes accidents happen I'm praying that he's better soon!
    Lynn
    Mom to Brodie (M Black and Tan) and Rescue Kitty Gonzolas