Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm Freaking Out!

Post Thanks / Like

Awww man.....that sucks.

Fortunately I'm severely allergic to cats so I can safely keep Izzy and Abby away from them

Post Thanks / Like

How did Kingston make out with his surgery today, any news?

Been thinking about him!
    Bella's Mom

Post Thanks / Like

Kingston made it safely out of surgery! The lens was not damaged and they were able to suture the hole in the cornea. The vet says his vision should be totally fine. He will have a scar, but I probably won't be able to see it with my naked eye. The vet also told me there is always the possibility for complications or future problems with a situation like this but I pray to God that won't happen. Kingston is staying overnight at the hospital, and if all goes well I should be able to pick him up in the morning.

I called the hospital tonight just to see about him and when the vet technician answered the phone I said, "I'm callling to check on Kingston," and she said, "Oh, he must be the dog everybody is carrying around all the time! We love him!" I felt so much better to know he was in a caring environment and I know FOR SURE he is loving the attention!

Let this be a warning to anyone who experiences an eye injury like this in the future... Please have your dog checked out immediately. The vet said the best thing I did for Kingston's eye was seeking out quick medical attention.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yay!!! I am so happy Kingston pulled through okay and you must be SOOO relieved. I'll bet you can't wait to get your baby home and just smother him with kisses!!!

It's great that they are giving him so much attention and loving him in the hospital ... how could they not though ... he's such a cutie pie!!
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

That is great news and little Kingston will be home soon!!!
    Lynn
    Mom to Brodie (M Black and Tan) and Rescue Kitty Gonzolas

Post Thanks / Like

So relieved for you and Kingston ......
    Who's going to be spoilt when he comes home????
    Best wishes from Ireland .....

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Kingston maybe mommy should buy a pair of doggles so that nasty cat doesn't try it again....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If there is a scar, I think the ophthamologist would want to continue seeing Kingston to remove the scar. My sister's dog had a scarred cornea, and the vet kept sort of shaving it off until her dog's eye was back to normal. Come to think of it, my mother had the same thing years ago, and had to have the corneal scar removed several times.

Glad to hear he's doing fine and getting lots of love and attention from the vet's office!!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear he came through everything fine. Isn't it nice to know that they knew exactly who he is and are loving on him? When I called to check on Shelby during her knee surgery I got such a sense of relief when told she was laying with a tech at that moment and couldn't come to the phone
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Kingston is back home!!!

They were able to suture the hole in his cornea with no complications. He has to wear an e-collar for 3 weeks, which he HATES. I have to give him five medications, four of which are eye-drops that are to be given four times a day, five minutes apart. The vet told me I was lucky Kingston didn't get stolen, and the nurse that brought him out to me kissed him on the mouth! I'm not sure he wanted to come home! haha.

So....$1700.00 dollars later, Kingston is home safe and sound. I'm off to cuddle with my baby! Bye folks!