Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: are they all like that?

Post Thanks / Like

Default cavs

molly loves everyone if someone comes in and sit down she is there if they ignore her she will get on the couch and paw them untill they say hello she also sleeps on my bed but it has to be on my pillows so in the morning my head is pushed of while she is spread out on them she is such a sweet girl,charlie will only greet my mum and sleeps under the bed he is the quieter one
    christine and cavaliers molly+charlie

Post Thanks / Like

I think your kiddo sounds pretty normal. Cupcake falls in love with everyone she meets though it seems I'm her special person because she will follow me from room-to-room and insists on sitting upon my lap whenever I'm not in a standing position.
    Kendra
    Mommy to Cupcake and Nila & Auntie to Nacho

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I am home my pups all follow me from room-to-room-to-room all day long - until they get sleepy and crash out on the couch for a little while.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_T
    I understand that the problem is not that you can't leave her alone, it's just she must be with you when you ARE at home... Holly's angelic when I say 'I'm going out' or 'Bedtime!' - both times she hops into bed. But if I'm actually in the house and watching telly, she's not impressed if I try to confine her.
    That's exactly my situation. My guys have no problem when I leave the house or when it's time to go night night. We have our routine when I leave, I close the doggie door, close the puppy gate, they each get a treat and I leave. No problem. When I am home however...there is always someone (Jake!) in the same room with me. If I'm working on the computer he is really good about laying in his dog bed and letting me work. Little miss priss Shelby is fine sacked out on the couch by herself.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I know, 8 hours is for a cavie a little long, but I go to work and I cant take her with me and nobody is there that could look after her in the time when I am gone. But she isnt whining when she is alone, she just wants my full attention when I am at home.

But when she was a puppy I was a lot at home, I didnt work then and she could get use to be alone slowlly.

On another forum they said, that annie isnt trained well, that she is spoiled and that I dont play with her enough and that I should go to school with her. but we did all that and I never give her something if she is beging.

so I really think, that she is just a normal cavie girl.

Post Thanks / Like

I go out once a week all day to do the shopping. It takes all day cos I live a distance away from town, so I try to get every thing done on that day. Jeremy comes every where with me except on this day, which was today. He is outside with the golden girls and is not talking to me at all. So thats the treatment I get when I leave him at home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WoodHaven
    That clingingness doesn't seem to happen as much in multi dog households. I sleep with 3-7 cavaliers-- this morning I had two sleeping ON me. No wonder I feel like this
    So you mean I may one day be able to go to the toilet on my own?
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

hehe, I know this. I always have company when I am on the toilet- Annie and one of my cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Gets a bit weird when Woody trys to jump on my laptop though when I am in the toilet...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlinsmum
    So you mean I may one day be able to go to the toilet on my own?
    Well Kirsty, if you do manage it, can you please share your secret? I haven't been able to go to the loo on my own since my eldest was 5mths old and starting to crawl - now the kids have grown up the dogs have to come with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    Gets a bit weird when Woody trys to jump on my laptop though when I am in the toilet...
    You take your laptop into the toilet? Nowt as queer as folk Only joking Claire, don't worry!

If we get strange posts under your name we'll know it's only Woody talking to us