Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peeing inside on rainy days...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peeing inside on rainy days...

Holly is house trained. Only trouble is, she doesn't like the wet. Or rather, she doesn't like wet, cold and windy. Result: on a day like today, Holly takes one ambles outside, realises it's yucky, and pees inside. Thankfully, on the kitchen lino. She's immaculate the rest of the time. Oddly, she's quite happy to poo outside, regardless of the weather.

Anyone else find this?
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes...Miss Mia doesn't like wet grass at all. She'll poo, but won't pee on it. She much prefers the carpet on these occasions.

You're not alone...
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like

I buy those puppy wee wee pads and my boys will use them. Comes in very handy, one night we had bad storms and tornado warnings so there was no way we were going outside.
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like

I have this issue with Cupcake; it's like her little potty system shuts down when the temperature drops below a certain point. My husband built a "potty box" (a 3'x3' box that she can step into) that we lined with potty pads and put in the garage for her use when it's cold outside. Seems to work pretty well, though it took a bit getting used to since she is trained to only "go" on the grass.

Besides, she is pretty sure it's discrimination that EVERYONE but her gets to go to the bathroom in the house - the cats have their litter box, mom and dad have that fun bowl with water and what does she get? The wet icky grass!
    Kendra
    Mommy to Cupcake and Nila & Auntie to Nacho

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ohhh I've been through this with little miss India when she was younger!!! She did not want to go out in the rain. I used to have to put on my raincoat, get the umbrella and leash, then take her out and wait for her to wee, then she'd get a treat and come back indoors. Thought we'd never get past this! But we did at age 2 or so. I think the key is taking them out so they won't have an 'accident' in the house. The treats help, too, to convince them it's a good thing to wee outside!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to be mainly first thing in the morning on a rainy day that's she's likely to have an accident. I'll have to start bringing the puppy out next week anyway, so I suppose Holly can jolly well come with me and do her stuff while I'm standing with Chloe.
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah yes, under the umbrella in the cold chilly rain early in the morning with 2 little dogs.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes!! Jake used to do this. Oddly enough he's very happy to stand in the rain but didn't like to step on the wet grass to pee. Shelby won't go potty on the wet wood chips but she will on the wet grass. Go figure!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Sabrina hates the wet grass and once she steps into the grass and its wet she backs up on the sidewalk holds her leash in her mouth and sits in protest, I have to make her come out and do her business. She also won't go potty in another yard, as soon as we get back to our yard she goes potty right away.
    Michelle - Mommy to Sabrina, Sebastian, Honey, Cisco and Callie and also human children Mikaya and Cody.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I am out there most days when it is raining with a dressing gown on boots and a coat on standing in the middle of the garden saying go wee wee...... - Don't know why as they love going in the bloody sea when we were on holiday!!!!