Thread: Digging issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default Digging issues

Willow seems to be quite the digger - she loves to go out and dig in our garden, so we can't even turn our back on her when we're outside, or there's a new hole in the lawn.

Has anyone had any luck training their dog not to dig? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks!
    Krista
    ======================
    Krista & Willow

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've noticed that if my cavs are left to their own devices for long enough outside, they will seek out and find trouble. I can never just let them out and ignore them. Either I have to go out and play fetch with them or call them in! That's the only advice I can offer. Otherwise they will eat something bad, dig, or do something equally worrisome!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope you took pictures ...

I can't help you with the digging ... but wanted to say that I'm looking forward to seeing some of pictures of Willow after her digging sessions in the "Dirty Dogs" contest.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

The only time Brodie digs is if I'm on the outside of the fence and he is trying to get to me...usually a No works for a few seconds I usually end up going back in or bringing him out on leash with me (he's a little spoiled when it comes to some things ). I wonder if putting booties on Willow would help stop her of the habit? Just a thought.
    Lynn
    Mom to Brodie (M Black and Tan) and Rescue Kitty Gonzolas