• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what to do about dog - advice needed

yvonne

Looking for some advice.

Really stressed out at the moment and confused about what to do about Holly.
Recently split up from partner. he works shift which meant that Holly was never alone more then 4 hours of the day.
Moved in with Brother who's not really happy about Holly having full access in house.
Busy in work as taking on a new role.
Started back in college 2 nights a week.
Don't know what to do about Holly. Its not fair leaving her out on her own for 9 hour of the day. - I have a dog walker who comes and takes her for a walk about 2 hours before i arrive home from work.
Thinking of asking the girl who walks the dog if she want to take up ownership of Holly. She stays over with her on a Friday night to let me go out. Her fathers a vet and they used to have a CKC.
Otherwise I could ask my brother who lives down the county. His Fiance works from home and they have plenty of land and already own a dog.... a st. bernard.
I'm soooo upset about this. I've been crying like a lunatic all week. Don't want to lose her, but have to think about what's best for her.
Sorry for rant.
Yvonne

Yvonne, I'm so sorry you're going through this! My heart goes out to you and Holly. It's good that you're thinking of what is best for Holly. Since you're gone so many hours during the day and two nights a week, it isn't good for Holly to be with your brother if he doesn't make her feel welcome. Could you put Holly into Irish cavalier rescue? I don't know if you are in UK or NI. The group would find Holly an ideal home.

Sorry to hear about that - hope you are okay?

Is there anyway a neighbour could dog sit during the day??

Is this a second brother if so I would see how Holly gets on with the other larger dog and vice versa, if your brother had her at least you would still see her.

Good luck

So sorry to hear about your situation. I will pray for you so you will find the best solution.Would your second brother be willing to take her if she gets along with the St. Bernard? If so that sounds like a good solution!!
Good luck and God Bless!!!

Hi Guys.
Thanks for your replies.
Joanna has just phoned to say she could take Holly during the day. She has Holly's sister Twinkle.
I'm devistated at the thought of losing her, but this could be a good stop gap.
Thanks Joanna.
Yvonne

That's wonderful news. Let's hope that your fortunes take a turn for the better and you will soon be able to spend more time with her :flwr: How can your brother not fall in love with her? I'll never understand non dog people :roll: icon_whistling

{{{{{{{{Yvonne & Holly}}}}}}}}

Oh I really hope you can sort something out...thanks to those who have offered their help...wish I was closer.

VB ((((hugs))) and bless you for putting Holly first.

Oh, that's good news. If the dog walker is fine with extending her services to day care, the problem could potentially be solved! Since she also has a cav, it's good for her dog, too, so everyone wins!!

Yvonne; this sounds like something that you should be able to work out. :). However you may need to consider the situation with a relative who may not be interested in having a dog in the house; that adds another dimension.

If you want to give me a call, do -- Pm me and I'll send you my number or send me yours.

I will of course help rehome Holly if needed too, or can give some advice about what to check for if you are thinking of rehoming her.

Ps Not sure, but if you mean you are leaving her outside for any time at all when someone is not at home, I'd urgently suggest finding some way of keeping her indoors. There have been so many stolen CKCS and females are always the first target on the basis that they can have puppies. Dognappers cannot tell the dog is spayed and will often steal to sell on to puppy farmers. It is a serious problem in Ireland and the UK at the moment. :(

Back