• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

KAYLA UPDATE EATING

Jen114

Hello everyone,

i was just reminded how good you all were in helping us sort out kayla's eatign problem and that i have not updated on the progress....

Kayla was doing really well for a while and was eating 100g a day almost everyday, almost everyday was good for her considering she used to sometimes only eat once every 3 days....
:x
Unfortuantly we are at a lapse, the parents inlaw are visiting and ruined her routine. they gave her treat and stuff even when we asked them not to. my Hubby found his mom in the room hiding bikkies and giving them to her.. :oops: :sl*p: . I reallly really had to put my foot down , but still it has been 3 days and she has not eaten unaided like she was

Please keep fingers crossed that she gets back to eating again :(

i know that's frustrating when a change in routine throws things off. it's happened with zack. the main thing is, kayla has done this before and she's survived and remained healthy, so she will get through it. As long as she looks and acts healthy, try to reassure yourself she's OK. i know it's alarming when she goes for days without eating, but probably when the grandparents came and spoiled her, she reverted back to her old game. As long as they're still there, she may try holding out for treats. After they leave, she may test you for a while. i feel sure she will start eating again, but i hope for your sake it's sooner than later.
play it cool.
:yikes

eating

i hope her eating gets better its hard to see them not eating properly my cavaliers are not good at eating they wont eat dog food if you put it in a bowl on the floor they will eat if u feed them from the hand molly is the worst she might only have a couple of mouthfuls one day then another day she will eat a tub of food i do feed them chicken alot which does go down better :xfngr: her eating improves

Jen,

Please, try not to worry. I know it's hard but I have been there and come out the other side again - with kids and dogs :roll:

My kids would go and stay with Granny who would let them eat junk and sweets all day long then come home and refuse to eat for days on end. Someone had to give eventually and it sure wasn't going to be me :lol:

Once they had grown up a bit she dogsat Maxx for me and he came back exactly the same :roll: My well behaved little man was demanding biccies and food being prepared in the kitchen but refusing to eat anything else :shock:

Once the in laws have gone home you will just have to start again and it will be hard but bite your tongue and knuckle down - indulge them a bit they probably look on her as a grandchild :lol: I would tell them firmly that on no account is she to have biscuits though - tell a white lie and say that the vet says she's only to have her food or something ;)

Good luck :flwr:

I've found that since the new puppy has arrived that Merlin is eating much better. He eats all in one sitting (which has also made his poops less often) - he even finished off Oakley's lunch today as he was feeling not as greedy as usual having just had his injections.

So there you have it! You need another baby! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back