Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vet appt today for India

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm glad to see the 'update' emoticon has been used now...

That sounds very sensible; I'd have waited on an xray too. I bet she will be fine. Glad she looks generally OK.

I must ask my vets what they use for lepto.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SO pleased it sounds like "just" a soft tissue injury - poor India, you take it easy for a few days baby and get Momma to wait on you!!

Hope she will be ok Cathy - VB ((((hugs))) I think it's almost as stressful for us as them when they are ill

There's a big article on the Lepto vaccines in this month's Dogs Today...well worth reading.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

aw cathy--i hope she improves fast. the fact that no localized source of it can be found is hopefully a good thing. Surely something more serious would have a spot you could find. I occasionally get some kind of pain or stiffness that's pretty bad but when i feel around to try to see where it's coming from, i can't, so this sounded familiar. In a while the pain goes away, but sometimes, mine has taken more than a few days, maybe over a week.

{{{{{get well soon India}}}}}

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear she is doing OK!
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like

I hope India is feeling better soon!
    Lynn
    Mom to Brodie (M Black and Tan) and Rescue Kitty Gonzolas

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Cathy, I was unable to log on the weekend, poor India - give a hug from us and I hope she is feeling better.

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy I am so sorry, I've only just seen this thread - useless or what?

Hope India is resting well and not exerting herself at all? Poor little love, hope it's soon all healed up again. I wonder how she managed to do it? I know they do go a bit mad when they all run around together.

Get well soon India XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

How is Geordie managing without his partner in crime to run around with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

India has been resting up, and has no limp this morning. It has not been easy keeping her from jumping off the sofa, so we've been keeping her in the kitchen with baby gates unless we are all settled in the living room and can pick her up/down from the sofa. Then Geordie tried to play with her for a minute last night before I stopped him, and she squawked

I couldn't give her the medicine from the vet, because they gave me the wrong measuring syringe, and it doesn't fit on the bottle. I discovered that on Saturday evening, after the vet had closed for the weekend. So I'm taking that in to the vet after work today.

Geordie wants his playmate back and cannot understand why we won't let them play. When the dogs go outside, we let India go alone or with Chocolate. Then we let Geordie go alone or with Chocolate. He keeps looking back at the door, waiting for India to follow. I think Chocolate benefits from the one-on-one time with each of the others, since they were already closely bonded by the time she joined the family.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cathy. Just wanted to check and see if India is all better? A couple weeks ago you said the limp was better after letting her rest a few days. Did you notice any more limping after she resumed playing and walking, etc.?
    My Cavalier Linus just started limping, and it also was his front right paw. We noticed it after taking him for a walk.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to suggest a soft tissue injury, but then read your post vet reply. Joly had something similar, last summer. We had been to a country fair, where he was fine, but aftter a 2 hour journey home was limping.

I could feel no tender spot, but the vet did , eventually, as it was well hidden. She suggested a few days rest with no running upand down stairs. Allso, she said that such injuries can take quite a long time to settle, as humns can find.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.