• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

** WARNING on Puppia leads

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I LOVE the harnesses BUT...

The leads are not safe -- the bit you clip on sometimes can pull right out of that little hole where it swivels leaving you with an empty lead and no dog. This is obviously extremely dangerous.

I have now had the second lead come apart like this and for goodness sakes, all that is on the end is a 13 or 14 lb cavalier that wasn't even pulling much either time. Both leads are about a year old.

The clip part seems to be very cheaply made. I notice that some have wider knobs ate the end and thus would not be able to pull through the opening when turned at an angle. But the two that just popped out had looked perfectly secure and looked fine as well when bent and turned in normal use.

I think I will just buy proper clips at a hardware store and have a shoe repair place stitch them on to replace the broken ones as I like having the coordinated leads. But please, folks, be very careful with these leads if you have one and consider replacing the clasp. :?

I am going to email Puppia as well as the distributors that I know of, and also I feel I do need to post on this.

oh wow, thanks for the warning Karlin. That's definately something to take note of. Last time Kosmo got out of his old lead he was almost eaten by a mean st. bernard. Thank God for me (but sadly for the dog) the owner knew it was mean and had a muzzle on him. Him getting out of his lead (again) is the absolute last thing we need.

(I'de like to post the "thank you" thing going around the pole here but for some reason the new emoticons only load for me half of the time.

Thanks Karlin, I was going to get some for the boys and have been watching some on eBay :shock:

Actually, I think that the clasps on the harnesses could be made a bit better too. One of the prongs on Maxx's harness broke after about two weeks - we popped it into the other part of the clasp and it just flew off.

It's a really good idea to ask a show repair place to mend it. I think I'll do this with his harness. :flwr:

Some of m puppia leads (which I got with the harness) have different clips - so not sure if they have improved them and shops are just getting rid of the old ones.....Rosanne have you received anything from Puppia in regards to this?

I just took delivery of two of these leads yesterday - I'm afraid to use them now :yikes
So, I had a read of the packaging. The leads come in three sizes depending on weight. I ordered large leads. On the packet it says this lead is only to be used for dogs weighing 7 kilos (roughly 15.5 pounds) and under. Therefore, it would be unsuitable for most adult cavaliers.

Joanna

Back