Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cav found

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cav found

Today a male cav was handed into my local vets in portarlington, he is between 2-3 yrs of age, this dog was found in Newbridge kildare Tuesday the woman that found him can no longer keep him. I am getting him later to mind as the vets nurse doesnt want him left in the vets over night by him self. She has contacted everyone that she can think of but so far no one seems to be looking for him. What is the right thing to do about this poor lad as surley someone is bound to be missing him. I will give you more details later when i see him, any info on what to do would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

To update Charlie as i have named him is beautiful. He is black and white with tan eyebrows. well fed. He has no collar or micro chipped. The vets nurse has tried the vets in newbridge the police, pound in kildare but no luck. I will be in newbridge tomorrow and will check the notice boards and also put some posters up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Be careful in what you say about him on posters -- ask people to describe some distinctive mark on him as people will often say they own these dogs when they don't. Say too that you will require a picture of the dog in order for him to be reclaimed -- this is what the Dublin pounds do anyway.

I will rehome of course if I can be of help. If he is entire I would not rehome him anywhere until he is neutered -- very very important to keep him from unethical breeders or he could spend his life in a cage.

I am PMing you my number -- give me a call and we can talk about it tomorrow. If you can hold onto him and foster I'll work to home him (this should not take long). You should ring the guards in that area and report him found. Do not call the pound there as that particular pound will demand he be brought in. Posters are fine but do as noted above.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

So many little souls without homes. Hoping they find a loving home soon. Bless you Karlin and all other rescue folks for the good you do!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this little guys finds a good home, did the first lady just find him on the street?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He may be staying where he is right now; if the owners don't reclaim. All the relevant places have been contacted so it is a matter of waiting, now.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    I hope this little guys finds a good home, did the first lady just find him on the street?
    yes Charlie was found following kids around a school. Still no news from his owners, which i suppose maybe a good or bad thing. Charlie is settling well here and everybody has fell in love with him, even our grumpy cat. I have some lovely photos of him and Sally together will try and post them later(or is that not a good idea)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No. it's a great idea!
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin i have pm you

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Give me a call; I PMd you back. Think I have a proper solution.
    Karlin