• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A Dog for all Seasons....

judy

Please join me in wishing Zack a happy One Year Old birthday today.

I am so proud of him, he is growing up into a fine young dog.

He now has the run of the whole apartment while i'm at work and does not let me down.

He has the run of the downstairs during the night while i sleep. I used to confine him in the kitchen every night and he was sooo depressed, he would hide under the couch when it was time to go to bed. But he still sleeps in his bed in the kitchen even though he's free to sleep in the living room if he wants. :lol:

He has put himself on a one time per day big boy feeding schedule.

he eats wisely, finishing his carrot sticks each day and eating them happily.

He gets along with his older sister, Fluffy the Cat, and generally gives her her own space, respects her as a senior member of the household (and as someone with claws and a sometimes irritable temper). He is ever hopeful that she will play with him but he only invites her in the most polite way now. And he pays her the highest compliment by always trying to lick her butt. He also licks her ears when she'll let him, and she likes it too, even though she would never admit it.

He relates very well to other dogs, he has learned quickly not to jump up in the faces of big dogs, and is friendly to all dogs, and tries to remember not to be insensitive about invading their space.

When asked, he always sits, stays, comes, and heels.

He is a great fetch player.

He gives good kisses.

He is very affectionate, loving and lovable.

He has made me very happy.

I just realized today, thinking back, that I first met my daughter's then 4 month old cavalier last October. I had never met one before. Before i met Belle, i had no thought and no intention of getting a dog, it seemed like the last thing in the world i would want to do. When i opened my front door and Lisa was standing there and she put Belle in my arms, everything changed.

I don't know which day in October this happened, but it's interesting for me to think that right at the time that Zack was born, my heart's mission to find a cavalier doggie of my own was born. I wonder if there is a relationship between these two happenings...just a coincidence? .....maybe.....

To celebrate, we are going to the dog park and then to the pet store to get zack a toy and a special treat.

here's some photos of the birthday boy on his birthday, and first, a photo from when he was little, on his first night home.

First bully stick:
1zbull5.jpg

Never too big to be a lap dog:
2zlap.jpg

Mature dietary choices:
3zcarrot.jpg

Mister Fetch
zfetch6.jpg

Who's your mommy?
5zkiss5.jpg

:hppybdy: Zach!!!

Sounds like you are one AMAZING dog :)

:mexwav:

Hope you had a GREAT day!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACK

:dogwlk: Enjoy your time at the park.

b*n*n* And your special treat

Big licks from Harry and Digby and :lotsaluv: :hug: from me.

:jump: :hppybdy: :mexwav:
Happy 1st bday Zack, Zack King needs a few tips of fetching :lol: U were a very cute pup and still cute as a 1 yr old adult

:hppybdy: to you Zack, what a handsome, well mannered boy you have grown into. Mummy is very proud we can tell!

:hppybdy: Boy haven't you grown into a handsome young man!! You were an adorable puppy and have grown up so nice. Have a wonderful day! I would say tell mommy to spoil you today...but I have a feeling that is a daily occurence! :D

Wow, Zack is one year old! :mexwav: :hppybdy:
Judy you must be so proud. I remember the difficult times you had when Zack was younger and he had some health issues. You would always keep us informed. Zack is lucky to have such a great Mommy and it's obvious that you adore him. :l*v: He's grown up to be such a lovely boy and so well behaved too. Enjoy him Judy. We hope his birthday was a fun one for both of you.

Happy Birthday Zack! The photo of him running with his ball in his mouth says it all!

:hppybdy:

:w*w: :mexwav: :w*w:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACK!!! Hope you had a very special birthday!!!! :jmp2: :jmp2:

thanks everybuddy. it's great to have you all for the cyber party.

i diidn't make it to dog park and pet store on his birthday, despite the best intentions, due to my usual saturday persistent vegetative state, work has been wearing me out big time lately, saturdays i'm just dead, but we still had fun, lots of fetch, nice long walk at night to all his favorite places, extra treats.

Made it to dog park and pet store the next day, yesterday--stayed really long at the dog park, he was having a great time, playing with all his dog buddies and fetching and running. When he got home he conked out for about 3 hours on the sofa.

zdprkbd0.jpg

zdprkbd2.jpg

zdprkbd3.jpg

zdprkbd4.jpg

zdprkbd5.jpg

zdprkbd8.jpg

zdprkbd9.jpg

Judy,

I would insert the happy birthday emoticon here, but my computer will not load the new emoticons for some reason, so unfortunately, I cannot!

I can't believe how much Zack has grown since you've had him. You two are the most perfect match made in heaven! *ng*l

Zack is such a beautiful little guy. :) He makes my heart melt.

He looks like he had a wonderful time at the dog park, and I especially love the picture where he's laying on his back on the couch, LOL. You know they're done for when they're like that.. ;)

Take care Mr.Zack and it's wonderful to see so many pictures of you! :)

Glad to see that Zack had a lovely day. You just made his birthday last longer :D He looks like such a happy little fellow. Thanks for sharing the pics so we could all enjoy his birthday.
Julie and the girls

:hppybdy: Happy Birthday Zack!!! You sure have grown into a handsome and delightful young man! I know your mom is so proud :fool:

Back