Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ears size

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ears size

Paddy is now7 months old. I get concerned about her size, thinking she seems to have stopped growing recently. Although she is feathering now..

I wonder, her ears don't seem to be so long as in many other Cavalier pictures I see. Can anyone tell untill what age they still grow?

Post Thanks / Like

Usually about the age of 2 they have their adult coat in. Paddy has lots of growing time yet.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Default ears

my charlies ears dont seem to be growing he is 21months and they are really short mollys were long by the time she was 15months
    christine and cavaliers molly+charlie

Post Thanks / Like

They are all different. Maxx has had long ears since he was tiny but Charlie is 2 1/2 and his are only just growing a bit now - I don't think he'll ever have proper Cavalier ears

Post Thanks / Like

They all vary so much. Both of mine have very long ears (which is not such a good thing when it comes to dragging them through the mud, stepping on them when they're sniffing the ground and food time). Both of mine reached their peak at about 2 years old.

Paddy's ears are pretty long for a 7 month old and he still has lots of growing time left.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting patiently for Bradley's ears to grow a bit. Don't know if they will grow anymore. They are a dream to look after though, because the fur isn't very thick.

Cailean's ear length varies, depending on whether he's been to the groomer recently .

Post Thanks / Like

yea i am wondering the same thing...in your picture it looks like it has been growing but its weird...my two are 10 months and i could swear it hasnt even started growin!

thats quite a recent photo of milo and his ears dont seem long at all?? Monty is the same..i really hope they grow they looks so lovely when they are long
    but i guess (well im hoping anyway) that it'll all happen in its own time. lots of people say that theyre usually fully grown by 2 years..your baby is only 7months so you have a long time for it to happen!
    xXNishaXx
    Milo & Monty~ (Males, Blenheims, born 25/11/05 )
    Ally (Daschund - not with me)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes Nisha, they look lovely but they are magnets for food, dirt, water and just about everything else you can imagine

These lovely long ears take an awful lot of care and grooming

Post Thanks / Like

Donna wrote
    [/quote]Oh yes Nisha, they look lovely but they are magnets for food, dirt, water and just about everything else you can imagine

These lovely long ears take an awful lot of care and grooming

yea i guess you're right. i mean i shouldnt be complaining..even though my two have short ears a LOT of thing i do not want on them stick to their ears! if they are longer i cant imagine how much more stuff will come!
    xXNishaXx

Post Thanks / Like

argh sumthing went wrong their! i quoted the wrong thing!!!!! proof read, proof read, proof read!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xXNishaXx