• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ears size

Yaron

Paddy is now7 months old. I get concerned about her size, thinking she seems to have stopped growing recently. Although she is feathering now..

I wonder, her ears don't seem to be so long as in many other Cavalier pictures I see. Can anyone tell untill what age they still grow?

Usually about the age of 2 they have their adult coat in. Paddy has lots of growing time yet.

ears

:) my charlies ears dont seem to be growing he is 21months and they are really short mollys were long by the time she was 15months :d*g:

They are all different. Maxx has had long ears since he was tiny but Charlie is 2 1/2 and his are only just growing a bit now - I don't think he'll ever have proper Cavalier ears :roll:

They all vary so much. Both of mine have very long ears (which is not such a good thing when it comes to dragging them through the mud, stepping on them when they're sniffing the ground and food time). Both of mine reached their peak at about 2 years old.

Paddy's ears are pretty long for a 7 month old and he still has lots of growing time left.

Waiting patiently for Bradley's ears to grow a bit. Don't know if they will grow anymore. They are a dream to look after though, because the fur isn't very thick. :)

Cailean's ear length varies, depending on whether he's been to the groomer recently :).

yea i am wondering the same thing...in your picture it looks like it has been growing but its weird...my two are 10 months and i could swear it hasnt even started growin!

238246260_666f96354f_m.jpg

thats quite a recent photo of milo and his ears dont seem long at all?? Monty is the same..i really hope they grow they looks so lovely when they are long
but i guess (well im hoping anyway) that it'll all happen in its own time. lots of people say that theyre usually fully grown by 2 years..your baby is only 7months so you have a long time for it to happen!

Oh yes Nisha, they look lovely but they are magnets for food, dirt, water and just about everything else you can imagine :badgrin: :lol:

These lovely long ears take an awful lot of care and grooming :roll: :lol:

Donna wrote
[/quote]Oh yes Nisha, they look lovely but they are magnets for food, dirt, water and just about everything else you can imagine

These lovely long ears take an awful lot of care and grooming
yea i guess you're right. i mean i shouldnt be complaining..even though my two have short ears a LOT of thing i do not want on them stick to their ears! :yuk: if they are longer i cant imagine how much more stuff will come! :yikes

argh sumthing went wrong their! i quoted the wrong thing!!!!! :x :x proof read, proof read, proof read!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

Busta's ears are really nice, and it seems that Woody only had back leg, bum and a nice tail, still waiting for his ears to grow, Ozzy has started to feather nicely now.

I see. thanks for all your replies. I guess I have no reason to worry...

here is a recent picture anyway:

241855701_ca2f16d7ca_m.jpg

Back