Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When do Cavs reach their adult size?

Post Thanks / Like

Duncan is a big boy -
    He was about 10.5 lbs at 16 weeks and topped out at 21 in July of this year. Our vet asked us to get some weight of of him...with all the fur I honestly didn't notice his pudgy belly ...So "Chunky Duncky" is on a diet with his next weigh in scheduled for Nov 10 (19 months) when we have to board him for the weekend. (I AM SO DREADING THAT!!) I think chasing his little brother and his diet changes have helped him slim down so I am hoping to find an 18 lb-er when we get to the scales.

Arthur looks like a starving child -
    Arthur was 9 lbs at 16 weeks. Seriously, he looks mal-nourished but I swear he eats and eats and then eats again...total chow hound. It's just that he gets taller and longer daily. I may be exaggerating a bit, but he is so awkward looking. He looks like a lanky preteen. People have called him a deer before I can't wait to see how he turns out...

Looking at Duncan and Arthur together is is really cool to see how much filling out Arthur has to do but hopefully the height and wieght will be equal to Duncan. Currently he is about 2 inches shorter at is just over 5 months...we'll see.
    Ashley - Mom to Duncan (4 years/blenheim) and Arthur (3 years/ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Gus is 9 months and I think he is about 16 pounds. He hasn't changed much in the last few weeks so I think he is leveling out.
    Kath

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie is from a small litter of three, and when we got him at 3 months old, he weighed only 5 lbs.! But, he's been growing a lot-- at 6 months old now, he weighs almost 12 lbs.!
    ( and he also looks like a deer w/ his long thin legs!)
    Brenda
    Charlie (Cav - 11 Mos.) and Michi (Siamese -12 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I weighed Daisy tonight and she is just under 12 pounds at 5 1/2 months old. And, like Charlie, she is all legs at this point. She seems very tall and lanky.

I just gave her a bath and she's all worked up and therefore hard to measure, but I think she is about 15 inches from the base of her neck to the base of her tail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charleen
    Cathy - Pippin did too. He just turned 3 years old on August 31st and in the last month I have noticed he is starting to get side whiskers (either side of his mouth) that are lighter ruby in color. He is really starting to look like a lion with a big mane around his face.
    Yes I see the side whiskers - Geordie turned 3 on July 30th. When he was between ages 2 and 3, he grew 2 little tufts on the sides of his face. I'm too lazy to drag the camera out this evening to get a photo, though. Sometimes we call him "Tufty" as a nickname.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

daisy's mom (or anyone)--wouldn't it help to find out what size daisy's mom and dad grew to be, to get an idea of how big she will get, or is that not a good predictor?

zack weighed almost 14 pounds when he was 5 months, and 14+ pounds when he as neutered at 7 months, and still 14+ pounds when he got sick and went to the vet at 9 months, and was still 14.4 pounds 9 days ago at almost a year old, when i weighed him at the pet store, and then, day before yesterday at the pet store, he was 15 pounds even. I felt really excited, he actually had an increase.

But i don't know how to tell the difference between a healthy increase and an unhealthy increase--is it natural growth or is it unwanted weight gain? He's been having some training so he's had more treats than he was getting before. Still, to my eye, he doesn't look any bigger and i dont' think anyone would consider him overweight by his appearance.

Anyway, he didn't increase in weight at all from around 5 months old until now, 12 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Default growth

my cav molly is 3 and weighs 18lbs she is a little shorty,my other cav charlie is 21months and weighs 20lbs but he is starting to look slimmer i think he is fully grown now the only thing that needs to grow on him is his ears
    christine and cavaliers molly+charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Melirn was 15 pounds at 9-10 months. He then steadied off at 18 - 18.5 in the last few months as he's filled out. I weighed him yesterday - he was 19 pounds........- this is because he keeps tucking into Oakley's dish who is a whopping 5 pounds - fat little ewok! ( Thanks Cathy for the nickname! )
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)