• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pronounced chin/lower jaw?

Lisa_T

I notice Chloe's lower jaw is quite pronounced, and her nose hasn't stretched out much yet, giving her a rather mismatched appearance! Holly was essentially a tiny less hairy version of what she is today, so I've never seen the visible change from puppy to adulthood. I think Chloe's brother had the same thing, although noticeable there (he's B/T with only the faintest dab of white on chin; Chloe's chin is definitely white and I think it stands out more because of that), but neither of their parents do. The breeders also said that if it wasn't for Chloe's white blaze, they'd have kept her for showing and/or breeding, so I'm assuming that this is not a fault, but simply a developmental stage. Anyone else see this? Does it disappear as the puppy matures and adult teeth come in?

mattie001.jpg

This is my Mattie I always thought how small his face/nose was Aileen

How great to have a little pup! My Gus is 9months old and I love him so much. He seems like a puppy to me till I look at pics of him as a pup... he was just 3.5 pounds when I got him.
As far as Chloe, do you think she has an underbite? Though Gus's features have not changed much, my neighbor's dog looks completely different as an adult dog than she did as a pup!

Good Luck! and Congrats!

I'm hoping it's a combination of development and puppy teeth, and that as she grows this will disappear. I think Chloe's nose is currently a little shorter- more wrinkled, anyway! :D - than Aileen's Mattie. Puppy seems quite tall to me though, for ten weeks, so maybe it's like babies- different parts grow at different rates, and her growth has been in her body rather than her face/head?

I checked a lot of puppy photos for comparison. I think it's just development. Jane B's Flora, for instance, has Chloe's exact head shape and jawline, with that beautiful stop. The nose just hasn't caught up, I think. :lol: :lol: The breeders said that when Holly is an adult, head wise she will be identical to her grandmother:
www.kenneldrumadowney.co.uk/new_page_4.htm

..and Candy is certainly a very pretty girl. You can really see the head resemblance, even now! Gotta get photos of Chloe up. :lol:

Lisa,

I thinks its just developmental changes. I notice that Oakley's stop is nt as long as his lower jaw. The breeders vet says his teeth/jaw are fine as does my vet. I think you only notice it second time round because you have Holly to compare to ( like I have Merlin).

I've checked out some of the picture of Merlin as a baby and I think its more difficult to see the difference because of the mix of colours on their faces. ;)

My two have completely different head and face shapes. Jake has a much longer nose, deeper set eyes and different jawline. Shelby has a big of buggy eyes, a very round head and a slightly undershot jaw. We call her little bulldog mouth. That's why she always looks like she's got attitude :D

The vet says Chloe has a slight overshot? jaw, although it's probably more obvious because of the white chin. I'm wondering why my breeders didn't mention it- they said that they'd have kept Chloe themselves because they say she's going to be very pretty- see above. I'm confused. I don't suppose it matters, and as Kirsty says, it's maybe something I notice more. Having said that. Holly has never had a pronounced jaw- but she did (andindeed does) have a small head.

Cathy would you have a profile shot of Shelby anywhere? Just out of curiosity? And what's the difference between overshot and undershot?

Vet also said Chloe has an umbilical hernia, but not bothered about that since she said it was no big deal and will be fixed if necessary during spay.

merlinsmum said:
Lisa,

I thinks its just developmental changes. I notice that Oakley's stop is nt as long as his lower jaw. The breeders vet says his teeth/jaw are fine as does my vet. I think you only notice it second time round because you have Holly to compare to ( like I have Merlin).

I've checked out some of the picture of Merlin as a baby and I think its more difficult to see the difference because of the mix of colours on their faces. ;)

I noticed that in Oakley, and it relieved me. Vet said underbite/overshot (confused about the terms) but I remember reading that it's not usually possible to tell for certain what will happen jaw wise until the puppy is older. Having said that, the book was about Cockers, but their noses/jaws have considerably further to grow! :D

Back