Thread: Gus got fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gus got fixed.

Gus got fixed a week ago and he is doing really well. Doesn't mess with his stitches at all. How long before you guys think he can go to the dog park again? Do you think I should wait a full 2 weeks?
    Kath

Post Thanks / Like

When is he going to have his stiches out I would take him them being very carefull to watch for a bit ---- Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

His stitches are the dissolvable kind... so I guess I better wait the 2 weeks, maybe I will invite a friend's dog over so he can have a little supervised fun!
    Kath

Post Thanks / Like

zack's vet used the dissolvable stitches. She said he was fine to go back to the dog park after one week, she and i talked on the phone about the healing, the wound, the follow up, there was good fast healing, and she said there was no follow up, it was over, that was a day or two before the 7th day after, and on that 7th day, he had a normal ecstatic dog park day. From talking to other dog owners, my impression is that a dog is considered fully healed sooner with self dissolving stitches than with regular stitches. I don't know what the down side of them are, don't know why all vets don't use them, maybe just unfamiliarity?

As far as Gus's particular situation goes, why not call your vet and see what they say?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I think I will give my vet a call. Honestly, I can't even tell where the stitches were anymore, so I think that is a good sign. Plus, he is back to his puppy self terrorizing my roommate's 7 year old pug who just wants to sleep. I call them Beauty and the Beast!
    Kath