• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gus got fixed.

GusWilson

Gus got fixed a week ago and he is doing really well. Doesn't mess with his stitches at all. How long before you guys think he can go to the dog park again? Do you think I should wait a full 2 weeks?

When is he going to have his stiches out I would take him them being very carefull to watch for a bit ---- Aileen

His stitches are the dissolvable kind... so I guess I better wait the 2 weeks, maybe I will invite a friend's dog over so he can have a little supervised fun!

zack's vet used the dissolvable stitches. She said he was fine to go back to the dog park after one week, she and i talked on the phone about the healing, the wound, the follow up, there was good fast healing, and she said there was no follow up, it was over, that was a day or two before the 7th day after, and on that 7th day, he had a normal ecstatic dog park day. From talking to other dog owners, my impression is that a dog is considered fully healed sooner with self dissolving stitches than with regular stitches. I don't know what the down side of them are, don't know why all vets don't use them, maybe just unfamiliarity?

As far as Gus's particular situation goes, why not call your vet and see what they say?

Thanks. I think I will give my vet a call. Honestly, I can't even tell where the stitches were anymore, so I think that is a good sign. Plus, he is back to his puppy self terrorizing my roommate's 7 year old pug who just wants to sleep. I call them Beauty and the Beast!

Back