• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier *Only* Training Who is interested?

What a shame you're over the water, as I can't be away from Izzy too long. Joly would love a training session, as we used to do competition obedience, until our trainer moved away; a pity as he reckons Joly has potential. Izzyis a good worker, too, but I daren't risk the stress on him nowadays-He gets very excited , because he loves it.

Now available to book online!

http://www.dogtrainingireland.ie/seminars_workshops.php

We have reserved the places so if this books out we will do another one. We tried to make it as cost effective as possible.

Here are the details:

Cavalier King Charles Workshop

Afternoon Workshop 11am-3pm

Sunday 29th October, 2006

DTI Canine Training Centre, St Margaret's, Co Dublin

By request from www.CavalierTalk.com this afternoon workshop has been specifically designed for Cavalier King Charles dogs. If you have one of these wonderful dogs then this workshop should not be missed. The whole family are welcome to attend and children will be encouraged to participate.

The course content will be as follows:
Introduction
Teaching your CKC Self Control around the food bowl and at the front door
Introduction to clicker training
Teach a Trick
Loose Lead Walking
Cavalier Medical issues
Introduction to Agility

Other information:
Parking is provided on site.
Places are limited.

Cost:
€80 per dog.

Oh im so disappointed we are going to miss this training... :( Myself and my husband are going away for the weekend and we wont make it. :drivecar:

Enjoy yourselves and we will definately be there if you do this again.

Murph.

Hi Tara, We will be there the next time you do it. I might even sign her up for your next beginners training class anyway. Ill talk to my husband tonight to see if he agrees. I think she would enjoy it. :D

It is available for booking online now.

We have a limited number of places so once they are all gone it will close. So you can book now or take a chance and wait.

We have also invited other Cavalier King Charles owner to this workshop and hope to introduce them to cavaliertalk.com too

Yep I can see all who have booked in :) Looking forward to meeting you all.

Booking online is still open but will close when full. Don't worry if you miss it we can run another one in the new year.

Hope to get some great shots, have roped in the hubby who is quite a good photographer.

The NEW Puppia's arrived - so cute in denim and lovely shades with their little pouch on the side plus leads to match.

We will also have these amazing new beds. We get some stock to test out soon and if we are happy with the quality we will have them for sale. Come in red, orange, green, black, brown, pink, beige, camo.

dog3.jpg

Very excited about meeting you all.

Hi All,

We are looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

Kick off is at 11am.

We have lots of Puppia's in and for tomorrow only regular Puppia's will be €20 for any size (usually €22, €24 and €26) and the new pouch Puppia's will be €24 for any size.

We have a photographer attending and Caroline's homemade doggie cookies will have samples for everyone to take home.

You will have 3 trainers to help so plenty of one to one attention.

Really fun -- at least I thought so!! Everyone got clickers, dog cookies, lots of introductory lessons and the dogs got to try the agility equipment too. I got several gorgeous pics done of my gang -- each separately, then the boys together, and *amazingly* ALL THREE! Hilarie the photographer loves dogs and managed to get really nice images for those who wanted pics -- she was showing them all to me at the end of class after people left and each dog really looks stunning, all taken against a black background. I can't wait to get mine; I even ordered a copy of the group pic for my mom... :lol:

I also discovered the dogs are MAD for cooked heart as a training treat -- Leo was nearly going out of his mind for it. Jaspar learned to sit and wait for his food bowl to touch the ground before he tried to eat and to twirl on his hind legs. Leo learned 'relax' (which I hadn't got him to understand thoroughly before), worked on 'leave it' even when it was a piece of heart on the ground :roll: . Lily just ran around like a madwoman at the very end -- now that she has lost all that weight she runs and runs and runs nonstop. When I got her she would run maybe once after a ball and that was it. :) I have lots of things now to teach the others -- I want all waiting for their food bowls more politely, for example!

BTW for those who enjoyed agility, there's a beginner's class starting this coming week plus new beginnersregular obedience classes. Agility for beginners starts on Thursday.

Info: http://dogtrainingireland.ie/training_classes.php

Poor Cody is exhausted after her day out and Gavin is seriously peeved that she won't play with him :lol: I can't wait to get her photos, i've pretty much given up on trying to photograph her myself!

Her pictures were gorgeous! She definitely was ready for her close-up glamour shots... 8)

Yeah today was great fun. Love my new puppia. Phoebe has been asleep all day since.....It's just RELAX RELAX RELAX. What a great learner!!!

That's the Big Secret about dogs -- a two hour walk will not tire them out, but a half hour of training (much less a half day!) will totally wear them out! :)

Thank You to everyone who attended.

It was a pleasure to work with you and your dogs. We have the photos and will post them very soon.

I noticed a few budding agility stars ;)

Sound like you guys had a great time! Perhaps when there is enough of us Uk ers we could organise something here/over your way!

Back