• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier *Only* Training Who is interested?

TKC

How would a half day course suit everyone for training on a Saturday? Say from 2-6?

We would cover all your basic exercises, introduction to agility and clicker training.

Ideas?

Post here if you are interested so we can get an idea of numbers and work out the cost per doglet.

A half days training would be great, the OH can take Gavin off for the day while Cody attends :lol:

Wish I was in Ireland I'd come along - Charlie could do with some training and there doesn't seem to be any classes near me now :(

ok just waiting for others to reply to check out the numbers. We need a minimum number to run the course. We have other cavaliers on our mailing list so we will message them PLUS its a good way to introduce cavaliertalk.com

So it's 2 for now.

Tara

Hi Tara,
Kelvin and I will come along with Daisy Boo and Twinkle so that makes it 4.

Joanna

Tara, Lisa (www.dogtrainingireland.ie) and I just had lunch -- oops I mean a business meeting -- and we are now thinking of doing a cavalier only training class the Sunday two weeks away, the 29th. Or maybe the Sunday after. I think the 29th is the bank holiday weekend -- would that affect anyone's ability to attend? We'd do an afternoon session. The focus is on getting to know cavaliers, intro to training techniques, fun things you can train your dog to do, intro to agility. We will touch on a range of things and if there's good interest in a cavalier only clicker class, for example, or cavalier only basic obedience, we could plan for that too!

I'll be putting together a folder of info for all participants.

We will also have Puppia and other dog items for sale -- leads, foods, flower essences (eg fear essence, calming essence), toys like rope toys, kongs and treat balls (eg productive activity toys!), healthy training treats, etc. We might do an intro to using kongs.

And I am hoping to have a photographer there to do cavalier portraits for anyone who wants them!

If anyone wants to come from the UK we can help sort a hotel! :)

I saw them; the pruple is adorable and they come with little attachable pouches! :lol:

I think Lily needs the purple one...

I'd love to bring my two from Kilkenny , They havne really done a long journey in the car since we collected them in longford . do you think it would be too stressful for them to spend 2 hours in a car and then be expected to participate in a class. Where are the classes held? .
Mimi

We are beside Dublin Airport. As long as you make them comfortable in the car and they are used to travelling I am sure they would be fine. We have good facilities and our centre is heated and indoors so even if they want a snooze when they arrive thats possible although I bet when they see all the other mirror images of themselves they will be bright and alert!

Keep replying if you are interested so that we can get numbers sorted.

EDIT: Sorry I just read that they are NOT used to travelling. Give them a trial run with a shorter journey first. Make sure they are secure in car, preferably in a crate and see how you go.

Count me and Billy in, with Tandie.

Am already working out how much is reasonable to spend on puppias etc. so I'll have a budget :lol:

Of course, we need a minimum number to run with this so get your name down if interested. :)

Hi Everyone,

Count myself and Penny in please :D. We cant attend on the bank holiday weekend but if it is the following weekend we will be there.

Murph.

So that's around 15 already :yikes As soon as we have it posted on our website I will post the link to book your place.

This will go ahead on the 29th because we don't have another date free before Christmas :(

You will be glad to hear that our heating was installed last week so we will all be snug inside :)

We are so looking forward to meeting you all. I can see the photos now! It will be great to see them all having fun.

Back