12th October 2006, 04:08 PM
i think i remember hearing it said on these boards that greenies were not actually edible, they didn't break down during digestion, the dog wasn't meant to swall any pieces of it, but they do, so in some unfortunate cases, the piece of greenie caused a block in the digestive tract, causing the dog to become quite sick.
Originally Posted by laurenlyn1
Bully sticks are actually edible and will break down during digestion.
Still, anything a dog chews that can come apart in pieces may cause digestive problems and even a blockage so it's probably wise to supervise. Even carrot sticks--if too big of a piece is swallowed, it could potentially cause choking.
12th October 2006, 04:27 PM
Mine have never had 'Greenies' but I've bought them green chewy things from pets at home - doggy toothbrushes I think they're called. Are they the same?
Mine weren't that fussed tbh and much prefer bully sticks and chewy sticks (we call them that too, Kirsty).