• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chloe Claret at last!

Lisa_T

First night, all dressed up in her little maroon sweater which only just fit :yikes

268773317_c745a72bba_o.jpg

268773319_97da4517b8_o.jpg

Holly on the subject: "What's that doggy doing in my house?"
268773320_7d0df5ad0a_o.jpg

Quality isn't great since the photos are actually footage stills. I really need a camera that can take decent photos even indoors :roll:

Don't worry Lisa, the pics are good enough to show how gorgeous she is!! :lotsaluv:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little white stripe, and the maroon jumper is gorgeous on her. :*nana:
Holly's quite a babe too. I bet you'll get loads of attention when you go out with that pair :dgwlk:

Congrats again 8)

She is precious with or without that lovely sweater.

What a little doll and Holly is gorgeous too. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Aww she is soooo beautiful!!! I have been watching the puppy forum since Monday for a post from you about your new arrival!! Good luck hun and thank-you so much for all your advice about M&S insurance!.
:oops: Sorry I have'nt managed to get around to contacting you back but between one thing and another ( i.e my two kids , a new puppy, my cat and hamster and looking after my neighbours 3 dogs ,their cat and bearded dragon lizard while they are on holidays!), I have had my hands full! whew I would so love a lie-in or even a straight 4 hour sleep lol. I cant thank-you enough for your prompt reply about the insurance, it is so reassuring to know there are other people nearby who have cavaliers. I wish you all the luck in the world! Keep in touch :D

No probs, Aoine. Maybe we'll have to organise a Cav walk for us northerners along the lines of those Karlin organises in Dublin!

And Chloe is so cute. She was being very cheeky yesterday, and I was relieved to see that just because Holly lets her run off with her toys etc doesn't mean that she'll take all nonsense going. Chloe got put in her place very firmly :D :D

REading these is helping soothe my temper. I spent a lovely afternoon, together with dogs, at a dear friend's house. Said friend has two dogs and too many cats to count. She and husband promptly fell totally in love with Chloe (my friend already loves Holly)- Chloes's gorgeous little white puppia hoodie may have had something to do with that. Her husband rolled his eyes, but my friend was positively besotted.

..Anyway, after this lovely afternoon, I decided to go home via my grandmother's, as she hadn't seen the puppy. Now, for a woman who usually hates anything on four legs, my grandmother truly adores Holly, and I was rather hoping she would love Chloe just as much.

Big mistake. Grandmother did not have one positive word to say about Chloe. Chloe didn't have as nice a face as Holly, she said. There was something wrong with Chloe's jaw. Oh, didn't you notice how undershot her jaw was when you first saw the pup a month ago? (No, I don't think I did. I honestly don't remember thinking, oh- her jaw isn't right- and if I'm honest, it was one of the first things I noticed on Monday.) Chloe has a cheeky face, my grandmother said. She'll be a menace, she said. This wasn't said jokingly. When Chloe, being only a baby, tried to dive for Holly's sweeties, my grandmother gave the puppy a look of total disgust and told Holly she'd have to stand up for herself. (Holly was more interestedin the sweetie).

Now I feel really upset on Chloe's behalf. Considering how young she is, she's a good, sweet, dear little pup. Sure, she's cheeky and fearless- but Holly's timidity was abnormal, not Chloe's gumption! And Chloe's so responsive! I admit I'm not keen on the undershot jaw myself and devoutly hope that it will reduce or disappear altogether as she grows- but even at the worst, I've seen some adorable Cavaliers who are undershot. It's not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean the breeders didn't do their job right. All the same, I think I'll ask if anything can be done to try and encourage Chloe's adult teeth to grow in correctly.

All in all, I am severely ticked off. My poor little puppy! She's asleep now- they both are, and they're both so good. It's not fair abusing Chloe because she's not Holly. I think, in the end, that's what it comes down to. Holly was so tiny, and so beautiful, and so vulnerable- a compelling combination. Chloe is a gorgeous, mischievous bundle of fun- but she's not Holly. :roll: :roll:

*deep breath* I'm sure you'll be glad to know that my rant is done!

Oh Lisa, that's a shame. Don't take it to heart though. Older people can be more stubborn than others (I speak from experience). She's probably trying to be defensive on Holly's behalf. You know, Holly was doted on and an only child and now she has competition! Chloe will charm your Grandmother just like Holly in no time at all (she probably already has, but your Gran has a hard time admitting it just yet!) :flwr:

cecily said:
Oh Lisa, that's a shame. Don't take it to heart though. Older people can be more stubborn than others (I speak from experience). She's probably trying to be defensive on Holly's behalf. You know, Holly was doted on and an only child and now she has competition! Chloe will charm your Grandmother just like Holly in no time at all (she probably already has, but your Gran has a hard time admitting it just yet!) :flwr:

Lisa,

Don't worry my mum never took that well to Merlin ( because he wasn't the "right" colour (she has Goldens) but she has now , but she adores Oakley straight off ( because of his colour!) Give her time and you'll soon see that she'll enjoy being Grandma to two bundles of love :flwr:

Awww.....your dogs are both gorgeous! I agree....don't take it to heart what your grandmother said to you, my dad used to be like that too at times, it's hard to ignore tho, I know how you feel. But believe me, there is nothing wrong with your little Chole, she is beautiful!!!

I'm starting to realise that. In fact, if no-one minds, I'm going tyo start a new thread with some incredibly cute photos of her!

Lisa,

I've just realised that, that is the first an only pic I've seen of Holly, please post some of her aswell as Chloe as you know how much I adore B&T's ! :flwr:

Sure... here's my pick of the uh, Holly-pics..

257787687_ae0d5a6a70_m.jpg

Holly with her now nearly falling apart fave toy
234006621_be32a70a3a_o.jpg

Holly only a week or two after I got her..

234006618_b5897f21ac_o.jpg

Holly giving Bobby a run for his money

234006617_b6977fb1aa_o.jpg

Holly in Evil Froggy mode

Hope you like them :D

Back