• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Still not showing for me :(

I had problems when I tried to amend mine this week on Photobucket...no matter what size I uploaded, they automatically resized it and it was too big...

Going to have a go with flickr I think...

I was trying to put one up of Kyla for a change...but spent over an hour and just gave up in disgust before I threw the computer out the window... :crash:

Sometimes it takes a couple of reloads for a resized Photobucket pic to show up in its resized version here so it can seem to be too large.

The best way to manage pics is to resize them before you upload them. I have noted the max pixel width in the directions on creating avatars and also have given instructions on how to use Paint, which is on every Windows PC, to quickly resize and then you can check pixel width. Then you can upload it to the photo site of your choice and it is already the exact size you want. :)

For the Mac OS, i just found a good (and free) resizing tool about a week ago. It's called PhotoToolCM. I had been using Photoshop, which works fine but it takes a long time for the program to open, and then i have to open the image file in Photoshop, and then go to "resize image" and then make another selection ("online") and then type in the size i want, and a couple more clicks, and finally i get my resized photo, but if it's not right, like still too big, or too small, then i have to do it again.

Finally, last week, after doing this for years, I did a google search for "mac OS resize", and i found a few programs, and this is the first one i tried, it got a good review in a macworld article. It's free, and it's so easy, it's a contextual menu plugin. I never use contextual menus, but i'm using this. You just control/click on an image file and a menu opens up with PhotoTool at the bottom, and you select it, and it opens and you choose the size you want for your photo, and that's it. it resizes your photo with a new name, with the original file unchanged. You can do one photo at a time, or you can change a whole batch of them at once.

freckles' mom, i still don't see yours. Apparently some can see it and some can't? i dont know why that would be.

Back