• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

(Re-)introducing Ms. Tandie

judy said:
omigosh!!!!!!!!!! :D :hug: :fool: :wggle: b*n*n* cl*p :jmp2: :lotsaluv:

This is the best news i've had ALL WEEK!

:hug: cecily! she is so pretty, i love her lips, they are perfect. she sounds so sweet and fun. how old do they think she is? she looks smallish, how much does she weigh?

i hope things work out with your kitty. i know flea must still be grieving for rio, her perfect snuggle partner, but who knows what may happen....

that is just the best news--thank you to everybody who made it happen!

Ditto Judy - I'm sooooooooo pleased for you Cecily, a little bundle of cuddles just when you need it so... :flwr:

Wonderful news! cl*p Tandie is gorgeous! Congratulations Cecily! What a great match... I'm so happy for you and your new girl. :hug: Wishing you and Tandie all the best for the future. :jmp2:

Hi Cecily -- it depends on what the hacking is. Is it a snorting sound like she is gasping when she takes in a breath -- which is likely the 'cavalier snort' and nothing much to worry about? You can stop it by gently covering her nostrils with a funger and tiltng her head gently downwards.

She could have a bit of a cough (eg kennel cough or a similar virus) as she was running around, not too well cared for, and exposed to other dogs. If so it will probably go away. Some dogs just hack a bit -- Leo always has, especially after he drinks water (I have heard of a few cavaliers who cough a bit after drinking). If it is an ongoing cough then we'll talk to the vet. Don't worry too much, just let her settle in and build herself back up a bit on good food and care. :) Remember that being in heat places a major strain on a dog's body as a dog unlike a human goes through the full preparation and changes for a pregnancy with every heat -- it is why they can go so easily into false pregnancies -- and why people, if they are doubtful about spaying, should really think carefully about whether they want to put their female cavalier through this twice a year, unecessarily. (y)

Cecily,

Do you think Rio will be upset if Kosmo decides to have 2 Irish girlfriends? :lol:

Tandie is a beautiful girl and I am sure she will be a wonderful companion for you and your OH. I am so happy for you, I cannot even begin to describe the joy I have.. It really makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside to think about how wonderful, generous, and giving you and your husband are for these little cavaliers. You're such a wonderful person cecily. :hug:

I am sure others are thinking this too .. We want more pictures!!! :p lol

Brid,

Bless you for reaching out and helping so many dogs. You really are great at it and thank you for going the extra mile. :) I cannot even think of words to thank you for being so generous.. :) Phoebe is sure a lucky girl to have such wonderful parents. ;)

Brid has been a stellar foster -- at the last minute, she has taken Lily, Cara and Sweety/Tandie in emergency situations. Not all fosters can do this so I especially value this ability and this willingness to calmly take on an unknown rescue in this way, and it has enabled me to get enough breathing space each time to make decisions about dogs and get them sorted to their forever homes. They also are always so clean and well groomed when they leave Brid! :lol: I think there's a business there waiting to be started. :)

Every foster makes a difference for an individual dog. It doesn't matter if you feel you could only manage a couple of days rather than longer fostering with a dog -- having the short term people enables me to get a dog to safety and arrange a longer term foster or a home, so every single person can make a real contribution. Often I have no idea where I am going to put a dog as the dog needs to be collected before I can make the advance arrangements so those who can take a dog even just overnight on short notice are so welcome. Sometimes the longer term fosters need a day or two to get organised for a foster too. :)

I bet Phoebe has been relieved at Cara and Tandie after the jealous Miss Lily who wanted Brid *all to herself* at all times. :lol:

Cecily:

I'm so happy for you...and Tandie! Your situation really tugged at my heartstrings because I, too, lost two pups in a relatively short period of time. My first guy, Bailey, was a genetic nightmare, unbeknownst to me. And my second one escaped from the front door when I was having some furniture delivered. He was such a good boy and obedient...most of the time. But every once in a while he'd get that look in his eye and decide to do his own thing for a bit. And that's what happened when he got out; he just wouldn't come to me and was hit by a car.

And like you, I rescue popped into my life...and a ruby just like yours! She has some issues, but nothing major. 12 hours after I got her, the b&t pup I'd been waiting 4 months for arrived. So I got two new cavs in less than a day! Abby is now 14 months and Cappy (Captain) is almost 7 months.

So I can relate to what you went through...and what you're going through now. Enjoy your new little cav!

Major kudos to Karlin and Brid for making this all possible.

Mickey

Karlin said:
it depends on what the hacking is. Is it a snorting sound like she is gasping when she takes in a breath -- which is likely the 'cavalier snort' and nothing much to worry about? You can stop it by gently covering her nostrils with a funger and tiltng her head gently downwards.

Well Billy says it was like croup?! It really reminded me of Flea when he's trying to cough up a hairball. Sort of like she's trying to wheeze something out. She also snores A LOT :lol: And when I pick her up she makes a kind of moany sound in her chest. Possibly I'm going to be a bit of a hypochondriac mom for a while because Rio's lung condition progressed at a such a dramatic pace from seemingly nothing. She hasn't done the hacky thing since. She's just a bit of a noisy sleeper, lots of sighing and moaning and snoring :shock: I'm not used to these adult noises at all.

She's settling in really well today. Quite at home :lol: She's chased the cat off twice :yikes Once this morning when I let her out for a wee (didn't see poor Flea around the corner but Tandie did!) and once when she went into the kitchen (Flea was supposed to be upstairs). So they're really not becoming friends just yet. Also I weighed her this morning. She's almost 7kg (about 15 pounds?). Not sure how this compares to other adult weights?? We brought her on her first walk with us today, which she really enjoyed. Photos to come in general gallery.

Mickey... thanks for posting your story :flwr: . I can't believe how similar it was to ours. Rio died after several illnesses as a young puppy, and Aggie on the road. And we're expecting to get a pup in the next couple of months :) It's a relief to hear I'm not the only one that had a run of bad luck. I was beginning to think we were cursed, and I'm really terrified of something happening to Tandie. :shock: But we're trying to stay positive and we're just really enjoying her company right now :) She's an absolute delight.

Cecily, how wonderful for you and Tandie that she now has her loving forever home! It's terrific how Karlin and Brid joined together to bring her into your life.

Back