• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

(Re-)introducing Ms. Tandie

cecily

I'm very pleased to say we have had a four legged friend come to stay. :D :rah: :w**h**: :jmp2: :lotsaluv:

Karlin posted a short while ago about the little ruby rescue from Kilkenny. She went to stay with Bríd (who posted some lovely photos) and has now come to stay with us. :thnx:

We've christened her Tandie (Kdemars, Lisa, hope ye don't mind!! The name was suggested when you posted looking for a name for Chloe and thought it was a gorgeous name. I think you said it means 'fire' in Norse. It suits her down to the ground :D )

Bríd obviously has done a great job with her. She's clean, flea-less (thankfully!) and looking great. She has a natural curiousity and doesn't appear to be either timid or wound up. After a good rummage around she flaked out on the couch for the afternoon, and apart from a rather perturbed cat everythings going great so far (touch wood :xfngr: ) She even came with her own fashion accessory! :*nana:

Here's some photos of Tandie's first day with us...
tandie.jpg

tandie2.jpg

tandie4.jpg

tandie6.jpg

She's snoring here behind me :lol:
Such a gorgeous ruby... we're feeling very lucky 8)

Oh my heart is feeling such joy for you Cecily and Miss Tandie. Congrats! Keep us posted on this absolutely beautiful girl. I love her name.

She's looking pretty darn stylish there. :lol:

I think Jaspar contributed more to any cat discontentment as any cats that don't belong to him personally MUST be barked at -- especially large tabby boys who aren't about to yield any ground. :winkct:

Miss Tandie is just the right comforter spaniel for Cecily's house ... perhaps with a little pup to join at some time in the future!

She arrived and after plenty of investigating, had a snooze at Cecily's husband's feet while we had lunch (I think I am going to add 'and give Karlin lunch' to the adoption requirements on Irish Cavalier Rescue dogs, as it was most enjoyable!). She had clearly decided this was where she was going to stay.

Brid transformed her from a little anxious and shy scruffette to a lovely shiny girl ready to be everyone's best friend. And sent her on the road with her very own wardrobe. :lol:

Oh I am soooooooooooooo pleased she is with you Cecily :lotsaluv: I know she'll get spoiled to bits :D Is she with you as a forever home or a stop gap?

She does look posh in her Puppia outift and Tandie is a lovely name for a lovely little girl :flwr:

Congrats all round :flwr: :rah:

Wow, this is a match made in heaven! We're so happy for all of you!

Tandie looks so sweet, I'm sure she'll comfort you, Cecily, after your loss. And she'll get all the love and care that she deserves. :lotsaluv:

Bless you Brid, for taking care of Tandie and helping her adjust. :flwr:

So delighted you have Tandie . She will help to fill the places you have in your heart .
Hugs and kisses from Heidi and Nifa
mimi

Indeed, Bríd did a hell of job 8) Quite a cool little lady that came to us ;)

Donna we hope this will be her forever home :D Indeed she's a bit spoilt already. LOVES to have her belly scratched and is quite at home. She's an easy fit though. Very chilled, loveable and gorgeous. :hug:

I can't stop looking at her and smiling :lotsaluv:

{{{{{{{{Brid}}}}}}}} Thanks for making this little one's life good again. You have obviously given her back her trust in humans and made her feel loved and safe, now she is able to live with Cecily and her hubby without worrying. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

This is what I love about rescue work, it's so rewarding. All this people who turn their noses up at rescue dogs just don't know what they are missing :(

Just seen this. Just to echo my PM, I'm so pleased for you, and Tandie is an adorable girl! She looks so pretty and so happy!

omigosh!!!!!!!!!! :D :hug: :fool: :wggle: b*n*n* cl*p :jmp2: :lotsaluv:

This is the best news i've had ALL WEEK!

:hug: cecily! she is so pretty, i love her lips, they are perfect. she sounds so sweet and fun. how old do they think she is? she looks smallish, how much does she weigh?

i hope things work out with your kitty. i know flea must still be grieving for rio, her perfect snuggle partner, but who knows what may happen....

that is just the best news--thank you to everybody who made it happen!

CONGRATULATIONS Cecily...just so thrilled for you all and wishing you many many happy and healthy years together.

Tears here for you again but this time they're happy ones :cry*ing: :D :D

Tandie is just beautiful, Bird you did a wonderful job with her, you really are a treasure. :flwr: :flwr:

And of course the biggest THANK YOU goes to Karlin for co-ordinating all of this...and for all your behind the scenes rescue work :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

a beautiful little dog, how lucky lucky she was to have been found and rescued by karlin and cavalier rescue. I think she's going to be very happy in her new home :w**h**:

Congrats!! :flwr:

How lovely! My step mother's horse is a "red head" so to speak and her name is Tandy! :) It's well suited for her, also. I'm glad your Tandie has found a good home!!

Thanks everyone. :)
We just put her to bed for the night. She's completely shattered :lol:
Flea still not impressed. We kept them separated most of the evening but he came in to get a look at her when she was asleep on the couch, had a sniff and went off with his tail in the air. :c*t:

Karlin, Bríd, she did this hacking thing just after I woke her up to put her out before bed. :yikes Sort of like a cat does when they're trying to cough up a furball. Has she done that before? is it normal adult behaviour? Having never had an adult before I don't know.

Judy, she's 3 or 4 they think. Pretty small alright! We haven't had her weighed yet. Must do it tomorrow. :D

Cecily, I just want to echo what everyone else has already said ... I'm sooo Happy for you. Tandie is GORGEOUS and she's a very lucky doggie to have you as her new mommy!!! :lotsaluv:

I hope you have many happy and healthy years together. :)

I am grinning ear to ear as I read this! Cecily, I am so incredibly happy for you. I hope Tandie helps to feel the hole left my Rio. Sounds like you are a perfect match. Brid, thank you so much for giving this sweet girl such a wonderful start to her new life. Cheers all around!!

Back