• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

how big will he get?

laurenlyn1

Yesterday Brady got nuetered. He weight in at 10 lbs 3 oz. He is going to be 6 months on the 25 of October. I just wanted to see what everyone thought about his size. Some people's cav are much larger at this age...He did have his share of health problems when I first got him, so that may have slowed things down, but now that he is healthy he seemed to spurt up but he hasn't put much weight on for a few weeks now. Last visit he was about the same also. Thanks!

My Kingston is just over 5 months old and weighs 10 pounds. Your little guy doesn't sound too underweight, but he is a bit below the average. I wouldn't worry too much!

Corgan is 7 months and weighs somewhere between 14 and 15 pounds. At 4.5 months, he was 10.7 pounds, and Karlin replied to one of my posts like this saying that she guesses he will be around 20 pounds full grown. He was neutered young (3 months) and was the only pup in his litter, so that factored in too.

Gus was the smallest of a litter of 6 and his parents were both 16 pounds... he is 9 months and 18 pounds!

I think I noticed the most growth b/w 6-8 months... he hasn't grown much in the last month. My vet said that he doesn't think he will get any bigger.

I'm about to get my Comso neutered, as he just reached 6 months old. He has really been growing and is up to 15-16 pounds, and he certainly doesn't show any fat. If your vet said that most of the growing is between 6 and 8 months, I wonder how big he is going to get. :yikes

Lucky was neutered very young (his breeder had it done at the same time as a hernia operation). He's 17 weeks now, but at 16 weeks was 10.5 lbs and not overweight - just long and thin. His mother was 15 lbs and father was 16 lbs.

It's rare for my big boy, Monty, to be beaten on weight, by a cavalier. He is 35 lbs, and used to be heavier. However, he is, in fact , rather skinny, because of his mvd, but is a very large framed dog.

This photo was taken last year, when he was a little fatter.

Img_0163.jpg

Back