• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

No-Pull Harness

KingstonsMom

Anybody know of a good no-pull harness with the lead attachment in the front? Kingston is having a hard time with the loose-leash walking.

I use the Sense-ible harness on Leo and another one on Jaspar -- can't think of the name at the moment. I like the Sense-ible best.

I've had a very good experience with the Easy Walker, as far as pulling goes. It got rid of pulling immediately. There can still be some soft pulling, but never any hard pulling. And it seems as though it has trained him not to pull so that he no longer pulls hard with the ones that clip to the back either, he's just become conditioned not to pull hard by using the Easy Walker. I've been using it since he was about 5 months old and he's a year now.

On the down side, I didn't find it that easy to fit the harness properly, i.e. to adjust the straps. In the beginning, I never got it to look like the picture on the directions, but maybe that's because he was too small for it (following Stephen's link to their website, i see they now have 'tween' sizes--i guess there was a need for that.). As he's grown, it looks more like the picture now.

And the other thing that I've found difficult has been putting it on. It's not that hard, but it's not as easy as a typical harness that clips on the back. With the Easy Walker, you have to put their feet in first, a certain way that's not that easy to see. The harness comes with the straps in two different colors to help you know which one goes behind the legs and which goes in front.

In spite of that, i have loved the harness. It made a big positive difference, making walking pleasant and relaxed, and put an end to my worry that Zack was hurting himself by pulling me so hard that he was pulling my weight up hills and things.

From the picture, it seems like the Sensi-ble is very similar to the Easy Walker.

Back