• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Raw carrot as a wormer?

Lisa_T

This is gonna sound really, really stupid.

I collect Elinor Brent-Dyer's books, which you UKers may know includes the 'Chalet School' series. Now, EBD apparently bred and showed GSDs for a period, in addition to everything else, and this knowledge was put into one of her books- a personal favourite of mine, Kennelmaid Nan. The dogs in question are Cockers, but the pups on the DW could just as easily be Cavs!

Anyway, all the information is spot on- and when I came across the breeder telling 'Nan' that raw carrot makes a good wormer for young pups, I sat up and took notice.

Is there anything in this? I'm having trouble getting Chloe to take her worming medication, and while I'll finish her present 3 day course, I'd like to follow it up with something gentle and harmless- like carrot, if it works! Just as a safety net.

Anyone?

Hmm have heard this one before but sadly I don't really think there is any evidence to prove that it works...

My Rupert used to have very severe reaction to even gentle wormers from the vets {The pet store meds aren't really strong enough to do much good}...so we switched over to herbal and then later to homoeopathic wormers...which I have now been using for about 7 years and find very effective. The homeopathic ones can be given to pups from 3 weeks of age, and also to bitches in whelp...

What are the homeopathic wormers? Is it a drop or two of something from Boots, or specially from a pet shop? Glad to know someone has heard of it, at least!

Back