Thread: shopping in London

Post Thanks / Like

Default shopping in London

Hi everyone!
    I am going to be in London in a week or two for a wedding, but I am going to have a bit of time to sightsee and, of course, SHOP! I was wondering if any of the Brit members (or those in the know) can give me some store names (and possibly locations) for nice doggie items in London. I'm looking for fun things such as clothes, pretty collars, harnesses, maybe doggie beds, boots, toys, etc...

I've heard some members talk about Pet London (?) before- I've seen the website and I'd love to see the store- where is that? I would really appreciate other names of boutiques with cute doggie stuff!
    Thanks!!

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I live 50miles from London and have never seen any pet shops there. Maybe in the smaller towns. Locally we only have the usual pet stores, nothing special. Have a search on Google. Sorry can't be of any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pet London is on Oxford St. in London. When Claire returns from holiday, she'll tell you the good places to go!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need to call in advance usually to go to Pet London -- check their website and you can get all the info you need: www.petlondon.com.

There's a nice petshop in the South Kensington area as well; I walked past it when it was closed about two years ago when I was staying in the area for Wimbledon. We have some London based members so maybe they know the one I mean.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Ill be sure to call in advance. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry CoCo I am still going through the old posts and didn't see this in time, did you get to go to PetLondon?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Claire!
    I am still so upset that I did not get a chance to go to PetLondon. I only had 4 days in London and I had to attend a wedding and see a lot of relatives. Everyday there was some event for the wedding (fun, but it's also fun to see the city!). There was so little time to see London.

I did buy some doggy stuff at Selfridges for Coco. I bought her a cute pink bed and a fuschia polo top. I'll post some pictures soon! I had a look at Harrods too, but the doggy stuff there was really similar to what we have here. Same beds, clothes, bags, toys, etc. I was really surprised to see that they actually had a pet shop there- they had a daschund for sale.

I love London. It is beautiful. It had been 15 years since I had been to England! I am definitely going to go back sometime soon- this trip was much too short.
    If you know of any other places for doggy stuff, please let me know. I'll keep them in mind for next time! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Coco in the polo I bought her in London...
    as you can see, it's a little big...not to worry, she's still growing

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know next time you are over, and we can meet up - and have a fun day spending....

Post Thanks / Like

That would be great! Thanks!